Typical DMN Garbage

James329

Each of his points, (barely) translated to standard message board trolling:

1. SMU sucked against Baylor, but UNT sucked worse against UT-Austin.
  2. Greer was almost a Mustang until we found something better.
  3. Sed Ellis plays dual roles as a linebacker and a thief.
  4. UNT D-Line is inexperienced.
  5. It's cute that UNT thinks of SMU as a rival.
  • Upvote 7

• SMU sucked against Baylor, but UNT sucked worse against UT-Austin.
  • Greer was almost a Mustang until we found something better.
  • Sed Ellis plays dual roles as a linebacker and a thief.
  • UNT D-Line is inexperienced.
  • It's cute that UNT thinks of SMU as a rival.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

• SMU sucked against Baylor, but UNT sucked worse against UT-Austin.
  • Greer was almost a Mustang until we found something better.
  • Sed Ellis plays dual roles as a linebacker and a thief.
  • UNT D-Line is inexperienced.
  • It's cute that UNT thinks of SMU as a rival.
Great job and screw them.
  • Upvote 2

Wait ... SMU's big rival is TCU? I bet TCU finds that to be "cute".

Yeah, I mean, TCU might prefer to call Baylor their rival, while Baylor used to call A&M their rival. Similarly, A&M used to call UT its rival, while UT insisted OU was their rival.

Conclusions:

Aside from UH and Rice, no one in the state of Texas has a reciprocated rivarly.

Nobody cares about Texas Tech.

OU is everyone's problem.

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I mean, TCU might prefer to call Baylor their rival, while Baylor used to call A&M their rival. Similarly, A&M used to call UT its rival, while UT insisted OU was their rival.

Conclusions:

Aside from UH and Rice, no one in the state of Texas has a reciprocated rivarly.

Nobody cares about Texas Tech.

OU is everyone's problem.

should have been "no team in the State of Texas has a reciprocated rivalry from another Texas team."

Writing is hard. ;-)

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

Talk is cheap. Let the players do the 'talking' on the field and let the results of 4 quarters tell the story. As Jub Jub pointed out, its 2-2 in the last four and we live in a 'what have you done for lately' world. And if SMU is so high and mighty and better than us, then when we beat that ass Saturday, it will hurt that much more. I'm so glad we have the next 10 years to settle who is better on the field. Now we just have to produce and get some W's.

• Upvote 1

TCU and SMU are true rivals. Their cities are Metroplex rivals, their schools are private peers that go after similar kids, they have money, and they have history. Rice and UH are rivals because of the fact that they have continued playing each other every year since the Cougars were admitted into the SWC back in the 70s. UT and A&M will always be rivals, even if they don't play, just because of academics in this state, as well as politics. When Tech and A&M played on the field, that was a true rivalry, as well, but they don't compete academically or politically with each other like UT and A&M do.

Those are your three, true rivalries in this state.Now, Texas, Tech, Baylor, and TCU all have their rivalries because of conference affiliation,but its not as true because they don't have the same histories or competiton as those above. UTEP and UNT don't have anyone that cares about us. Being stuck as non-SWC teams for so long, we both got pretty well steam-rolled on the PR front for decades. No one will care about Texas State until they play other Texas teams in a conference--this is basically what we gave them by moving to CUSA. I do think the UNT-UTSA thin has some major potential, though. Assuming we stay in a conference together for years to come, which I think we will, and both are fairly competitive in CUSA West, which I think we will be, that last game of the year will always be played with something on the line.

hemad.jpg

Sounds like SMU-bro is still upset that the HoD bowl was a HUGE draw for DFW, that SMU has thrown millions of dollars away on Jones with no real payoff, that the Pony Up campaign didn't do squat, and that ESPN did that Pony Excess doc.

He real mad, bros.

I'm not mad. The guy who made the doc is a well loved SMU fan named Thad. Literally no one hates him :D