UNT broke David Ash

UNTeagle88

Our defense --- damn they played such a good game it makes me sick that we squandered it offensively... we didn't even have our starting defensive end for the damn game...

Chico and Simmonds need to get these guys straight before SMU because we can win this game if they show up.

Our defense --- damn they played such a good game it makes me sick that we squandered it offensively... we didn't even have our starting defensive end for the damn game...

Chico and Simmonds need to get these guys straight before SMU because we can win this game if they show up.

If I'm a major program planning on scheduling North Texas in the future then I'm thinking twice about that.

Maybe we don't have the offense to compete with those schools, but if I'm them I wouldn't want to play a defense this tough in non-conference. You aren't supposed to lose your starting center and qb to a team you're paying $800K+ to bring in. We roughed up Gurley and Marshall last year against UGA and we all know how lucky LSU was that Mettenberger didn't get a concussion.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, Ash could have been in much worse shape too. Our guys turned into what could have been kill shots into shoulder love taps. Akunne had a kill shot and shouldered him to the ground. And yeah Harry I know, we were a competent QB away from being competitive Saturday night. In my mind we are still a QB away from winning the west and playing Marshal.

• Upvote 2

I'm sick of hearing the we lost so many seniors excuse. The best and most veteran part of our team was our offensive line and in rematching the game their play was poor. This was echoed by Mac. Our defense played well and got NO support. Our special teams held their own as well. With just adequate play on offense this game becomes very respectable instead of an ass whipping.

What was everybody saying about us getting our teeth kicked in? Something about bodybag games...?

Make no mistake- UT did not kill us. They didn't have to. Our O did that for us.

If we can get our quarterback playing like a D1 quarterback for one year until Means gains experience, some weight and more muscle mass- we've got something special this year.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 4

I also want to say that was pretty courageous of Ash to play that entire game with his injury and very stupid of UT not to keep a closer eye on him. I have a daughter who dealt with concussions in soccer and it is a VERY serious issue. They didn't NEED to keep Ash in that entire game and I question their decision to leave him in.

What was everybody saying about us getting our teeth kicked in? Something about bodybag games...?

Make no mistake- UT did not kill us. They didn't have to. Our O did that for us.

If we can get our quarterback play like a D1 quarterback for one year until Means gains experience, some weight and more muscle mass- we've got something special this year.

Amen - and I have no problem for fans questioning why our offense would be so unprepared for this game. If Means can do better then pull his redshirt - same thing on the o-line and the receivers who dropped passes. No job should be safe on offense.

If we have an average offensive showing this year-

The winner of all of our games is going to be between their offense and OUR defense. If they want to beat us- they better have a better O than we do defense.

In our conference- unlikely.

I am a little panicked about OUR injury report.... Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

I am a little panicked about OUR injury report.... Fingers crossed.

No actual information on my part but near the end of the game it appeared Laramie may have injured his hand or took a bad stinger to the shoulder. He didn't leave the game but he was shaking his hand (right I believe) repeatedly as if trying to get rid of the pain or as though it were asleep.

• Upvote 1

No actual information on my part but near the end of the game it appeared Laramie may have injured his hand or took a bad stinger to the shoulder. He didn't leave the game but he was shaking his hand (right I believe) repeatedly as if trying to get rid of the pain or as though it were asleep.

His hand is the least of his problems. I think it just got smashed between pads/ helmet.

Did anyone watch how he was moving the 2nd half? You can tell that he is in a lot of pain.

Mac only reports season ending injuries.

If I were one of the parents of this young man I would be on my way to Austin to talk to him and the Longhorn medical staff about the long term results of too many concussions. Playing college football is great but not if it causes your mind to be foggy or turn to mush for the rest of your life. This can be some serious stuff, folks, that goes far beyond who plays Quarterback for the Longhorns vs BYU.

• Upvote 7

Apart from the obvious, another major reason the offense has to improve is simply because our defense may play well for 7 weeks, but by the middle of the season, if they can't stay off the field these guys are going to be so worn down and bruised up that we'll be weak on that side of the ball as well....I have faith that Greer will be more mentally prepared this week and play with confidence. If it doesn't go well, time for DW and making our running threat more dynamic....if we're not going to have a passing game, let's at least make the run threat a varied and unpredictable one.