Solich Top 10 Wins No. 9 - Ohio at North Texas - 2009

Harry

No. 9: Ohio at North Texas | Sept. 12, 2009 | Fouts Field - Denton, Texas | Ohio 31 - North Texas 30 (2OT):

Following a season-opening loss against Connecticut, Ohio was in need of some momentum in non-conference play. The Bobcats got the momentum they needed following their win at North Texas on a rainy evening in Denton, Texas. However, Ohio's win did not come easy.

North Texas sent the game into overtime following a 18-yard field goal with just under a minute to go in regulation. In the overtime session, Ohio traded field goals with North Texas. In the second overtime session, the Mean Green scored a touchdown to make the count 30-23.

Ohio responded with a touchdown of its own as Theo Scott and Taylor Price hooked up for a 15-yard touchdown and the ensuing two-point conversion pass to secure the win. The Bobcats would then go on to win eight of their next 10 games.

Read more: http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082114aam.html

That was a recurring theme during the Dodge years. Losing games that we looked to have locked up. The Ohio game might have been the worst of them all, though.

If there was a way to lose, no matter how unlikely, we'd find it. It's such a different feeling going into games with confidence rather than predestined resignation now.

I really believe either this game or the Army game was when the Dodge regime jumped the shark.

The looks on peoples faces after this loss walking to the parking lot said it all.

watching that Army game was the absolute worst and most embarrassed I've ever felt as a UNT supporter.

I had that circled on the calendar for over a year...had made a a scouting trip to the West Point area a few months ahead of time (turned out to be one of the best nights of my life)...and organized a good dozen friends from the region, convinced them to wake up at 6a to come tailgate and support my alma mater's football team

then that game happened.

• Upvote 1

The Army game was worse--just because people in this area actually care about West Point and we had a good Fouts crowd that day. Playing Ohio, in a monsoon, and then losing, was hard, but Ohio was a good team. Army wasn't.

To me, the most embarrased I ever felt as a UNT fan was when Rice beat us 77-20. That game EASILY could have been 100+ to 20, but Rice just called off the dogs in the 4th quarter. To lose to Rice by 57 points in football will lawys be the low point of our return to FBS. You can handle losing 79-10 to Oklahoma because they are an AQ Powerhouse we shouldn't really play, but they provide the cash and we provide the bending over. But you shouldn't ever lose a game like this to a non-AQ team, especially a team with very few winning seasons in the last 50 years.

Man, after typing this post, the more I love Coach Mac...

The Army game was the worst. I remember when we scored the supposed game tying TD. My brother looked at me and said "I guess we are going to OT." I told him "hold your horses, we still have to kick an extra point." The rest is history.

Those teams found every way possible to lose football games. Thank God those days are seemingly behind us.

The Army game was the worst. I remember when we scored the supposed game tying TD. My brother looked at me and said "I guess we are going to OT." I told him "hold your horses, we still have to kick an extra point." The rest is history.

Those teams found every way possible to lose football games. Thank God those days are seemingly behind us.

That game you are referencing was against an SBC team, IIRC. I think ULL, maybe.

We lost to Army by leading by a FG, calling a TO to decide whether to kick a FG or go for it on 4th and 2, then got the kick blocked and have it returned to setup Army's winning TD in the last minute of the game. It was awesome in its epic failure...

But the game-ending fireworks show as we walked out of Fouts that evening was loud and bright.

Edited by untjim1995