Out-of-town viewing options for UT game

JesseMartin

Thanks to a fellow alum who is more tech savvy than I, I was able to figure out how to get the Longhorn Network streaming on my laptop, etc.

So for those who won't be in Austin for the game and don't have anywhere nearby that is going to show it, you can go to watchespn.com and search for the game, and when you see it listed there is a link you click to verify your cable company. If they are a carrier of appropriate means, just make sure you know your login with your cable company. That way it'll confirm you through them and you can watch LHN games (but I don't think you can get the other programming).

Also, if you want to test out how well it works, the Longhorn Network will be re-airing our bowl game vs. UNLV twice, I think on the 26th and 27th. I guess they want to sate fans' curiosity about us a few days ahead of time.

For people in or visiting Arizona I'm looking into trying to meet up with UT alumni at the Thirsty Lion in Tempe, because they'll be showing it in a private room but only on that TV so if that doesn't work out I'll just find a place that'll let us set up my laptop attached to a TV and stream it.