UNT Football 2014 Team Picture

Harry

Does a flash really make a difference with almost full sun on a hot Texas day?

Yes. Those strobes, at the distance and height they are at, are brighter than the Sun. They will overpower the sunlight and eliminate any shadows on faces caused by the Sun.

Incidentally, the photographer who shoots these large team photos on the risers, is based right in our backyard. But he is the choice for NFL teams (including the Super Bowl team photos), dozens of big universities around the country in addition to a lot of the big high schools in TX.

• Upvote 2

God... our head coach is so clueless... doesn't he know it's better to put your assistant coaches on the side of the team and not the back??? seriously... this program is never going to be taken seriously if we stay this conservative with our team photos!

Wake up UNT!

• Upvote 1

I thought everyone knew we were keeping our uniforms but getting different helmets.

Based on what RV said on the podcast, look for new uniforms in 2015. Nike is changing the plant they use to make uniforms and they can't guarantee they'll look exactly like the ones we have now, which RV hinted at is causing us to get completely new unis.

I think it would have been cuter if we had the entire team in an on-all-fours pyramid. They would have been so darling.

And, for their individual shots they should have had their heads resting on their hands (that were faced down) looking up and to the top right a little. Would have been so precious.

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 1

I can't recall the photographer's name but he's from Flower Mound. I got to know him when my son played at Denton High. He has taken sports photos while underwater, sky diving as well as team photos. He also does after dinner motivational type talks. One of my favorites was his talking about the training he got in the Army to prepare him for a job in the civilian world. He was a door gunner in a helicopter. He said when he would go to local businesses to apply as a door gunner, the boss would always say, "Why we've already got a door gunner. Old Bob as been with us for years."

Beat Texsa

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

Does a flash really make a difference with almost full sun on a hot Texas day?

You need to learn to be more appreciative! Before Mac got here we were taking Polaroids and Hank Dickenson was tasked with shaking them until they developed. I for one am happy that this coach is taking ownership of my team. Todd Dodge just borrowed them and, when he returned them, they only knew "blue steel" when they posed.

• Upvote 2