Coach Chico comments on all of the UNT 2014 Practices

Harry

Dajon still looks super skinny to me. I just wonder if maybe they're wanting another year or two to put some meat on his bones. All the skillz in the world won't matter if he gets snapped in half in the first game or two of the season. And then we might miss out on a couple of seasons of his awesomeness if he really is that much of a natural...I'd rather see him get stronger if it's going to ensure he stays safe.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dajon still looks super skinny to me. I just wonder if maybe they're wanting another year or two to put some meat on his bones. All the skillz in the world won't matter if he gets snapped in half in the first game or two of the season. And then we might miss out on a couple of seasons of his awesomeness if he really is that much of a natural...I'd rather see him get stronger if it's going to ensure he stays safe.

He's tall and thin, but not that skinny. Pretty built, especially after a year with Wintrich.

• Upvote 1

So is he being 'presented' to the team during this deal? Or, is he 'addressing' the team? The picture kinda makes it look like he's talking to the guys. They're all looking at him, not at McCarney or whoever else would be speaking...

Anyone know how this works?

Toastmasters International: 10 Tips for Public Speaking

1. Know your material. Pick a topic you are interested in. Know more about it than you include in your speech. Use humor, personal stories and conversational language – that way you won’t easily forget what to say.

2. Practice. Practice. Practice! Rehearse out loud with all equipment you plan on using. Revise as necessary. Work to control filler words; Practice, pause and breathe. Practice with a timer and allow time for the unexpected.

3. Know the audience. Greet some of the audience members as they arrive. It’s easier to speak to a group of friends than to strangers.

4. Know the room. Arrive early, walk around the speaking area and practice using the microphone and any visual aids.

5. Relax. Begin by addressing the audience. It buys you time and calms your nerves. Pause, smile and count to three before saying anything. ("One one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand. Pause. Begin.) Transform nervous energy into enthusiasm.

6. Visualize yourself giving your speech. Imagine yourself speaking, your voice loud, clear and confident. Visualize the audience clapping – it will boost your confidence.

7. Realize that people want you to succeed. Audiences want you to be interesting, stimulating, informative and entertaining. They’re rooting for you.

8. Don’t apologize for any nervousness or problem – the audience probably never noticed it.

9. Concentrate on the message – not the medium. Focus your attention away from your own anxieties and concentrate on your message and your audience.

10. Gain experience. Mainly, your speech should represent you — as an authority and as a person. Experience builds confidence, which is the key to effective speaking. A Toastmasters club can provide the experience you need in a safe and friendly environment.

• Upvote 2

Officially now part of the Mean Green family... I have no idea if he is requesting a waiver for immediately eligibility

Yes.

He said that he would file an appeal with the NCAA for immediate eligibility at UNT based on family hardship, but is open to the possibility of sitting out the upcoming season.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/08/k-state-transfer-epps-headed-to-unt.html/

That was before he talked to Mac

This was from a few days ago - http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/08/unt-practice-notes-with-jarrian-roberts-video.html/

– We reported a while back that Aderius Epps, a former Cedar Hill offensive lineman who began his career at Kansas State, planned to transfer to UNT. McCarney said today that he has yet to talk to Epps, but has been told that he wants to join the Mean Green. Epps walked right through the lobby of the Mean Green Athletic Center after practice. I am assuming that conversation will take place today. I’m not saying that his transfer to UNT is a done deal. McCarney sure didn’t, but all signs point that direction.

Mac may have asked him to sit this year.. Just a guess

This was from a few days ago - http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/08/unt-practice-notes-with-jarrian-roberts-video.html/

– We reported a while back that Aderius Epps, a former Cedar Hill offensive lineman who began his career at Kansas State, planned to transfer to UNT. McCarney said today that he has yet to talk to Epps, but has been told that he wants to join the Mean Green. Epps walked right through the lobby of the Mean Green Athletic Center after practice. I am assuming that conversation will take place today. I’m not saying that his transfer to UNT is a done deal. McCarney sure didn’t, but all signs point that direction.

Ya, it would be really hard to come in now and expect to contribute even in the Nichols St. game.

Plus, this is a great step to ease the OL graduation losses after this season.

• Upvote 1

Thanks--I hadn't noticed the date on that one.

Should have known better than to think I'd scoop NT03! ;)

• Upvote 2

I know we all would like to see Wilson and his skills as just a True Freshman, me included. With this said we already have a tremendous amount of backs already! I really hope we red shirt him and let him get even stronger, learn the system, and get him prepared to be awesome. He is probably ready now but I see too often these young players bodies aren't used to the speed and size of D1 and get hurt. Then you are left with 3 years of fighting through injuries. I realize injuries can happen at any time but give your players a better chance, especially if you are already stacked at that position. Just my belief.

See Jamarion Thomas

• Upvote 1

I question whether McNulty can NOT turn the ball over during live game action.

He has shown the propensity to be very turnover prone in his short time in live game situations.

This is why it is so weird that he is actually leading the QB competition this late in the game.

Also, expect a starter to be named after this week's Saturday scrimmage.

Did not happen, but Mac owes Mini Mac's dad so Greer is SOOL for first part of season which means losses to UT aa d SMU!!

• Downvote 4