John Wiley Price Arrested by FBI

A thread that had nothing to do with anyone being labeled a racist, right?

I thought it was a thread about a prominent figure in the DFW finally going down on the corruption charges that almost everyone assumed were present?

.... atleast before you joined the party.

What did I miss?

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 4

I heard about this guy one time named Hoffa who was pardoned by a President named Nixon specifically so President Nixon could "earn" the teamster's votes in the '72 elections.

If someone told me a sitting President was striking a deal with a convicted felon in hopes of buying an election I'm not sure I would have believed it. Fortunately that President recorded the deal in its entirety, as it happened in his Presidential office, and I got to listen to it myself. Politics sure be funny.

FOUL? Other than Ass, which is a word used in everyday conversation, the most foul words are conservative and republican.

I present you Exhibit A:

Two minutes. Two f'n minutes. That's how long it took you. Did you even read the vile shit he spews?

• Upvote 2

I heard about this guy one time named Hoffa who was pardoned by a President named Nixon specifically so President Nixon could "earn" the teamster's votes in the '72 elections.

If someone told me a sitting President was striking a deal with a convicted felon in hopes of buying an election I'm not sure I would have believed it. Fortunately that President recorded the deal in its entirety, as it happened in his Presidential office, and I got to listen to it myself. Politics sure be funny.

Yep. Every President pardons a whole host of corrupt politicians right before they exit office. Pres. Obama will be no different, except I expect his political pardons to be a larger number than many before.

And JWP will be on that list.

• Upvote 1

Yep. Every President pardons a whole host of corrupt politicians right before they exit office. Pres. Obama will be no different, except I expect his political pardons to be a larger number than many before.

Well, first JWP will have to be convicted. So far it's just charges. And everyone is innocent until proven.

But let's assume he is convicted though and sentenced to a lengthy prison term. I don't think JWP will be pardoned by President Obama. And I put forth this wager to you. The loser of our argument makes a $125 donation to the Mean Green Club in the name of the winner.

Bet's off if no conviction or JWP dies before sentencing. Deal?

• Upvote 3

I'm certain you've got good reason to believe this. And by good reason I mean just pure unadulterated hate for the President. I bet you think he's signed like infinitely more executive orders than any other president too, right?

Here's your pardon count so far: http://www.infoplease.com/us/government/presidential-pardons-1789-present.html

Most Presidents like to save it until the 11th hour, but Obama will still have a ways to go if he wants to catch his predecessors. Not to mention, what JWP would be pardoned for isn't 1/10th as horrible as what Scooter Libby was pardoned for.

• Upvote 2

Well, first JWP will have to be convicted. So far it's just charges. And everyone is innocent until proven.

But let's assume he is convicted though and sentenced to a lengthy prison term. I don't think JWP will be pardoned by President Obama. And I put forth this wager to you. The loser of our argument makes a $125 donation to the Mean Green Club in the name of the winner.

Bet's off if no conviction or JWP dies before sentencing. Deal?

It's a good bet until JWP moves his hearings to Wayland Baptist and Incarnate Word at the last minute.

• Upvote 2