For those that didn't go to Austin in '06

Cr1028

What would be the hottest UNT football games ever?

Oregon State back with Simon? Oregon state players were melting...

Baylor when we ran out of water in Fouts? (Dickey era)...seems like there have been several hot Baylor games...

The Texas game on the road everyone is talking about here (Dickey era)

There was a very hot Rice game that I remember a few years back in the Dickey era at Fouts that was extremely hot!! You could have fried an egg on the parking lot at Fouts.

Harry remember the Baylor game where we sat together. That was pretty hot. It was like 98 at kickoff, which was 7:30. Just no sun, that was the only thing that made it decent.

• Upvote 1

I remember a few UNT students full-on supporting Texas this day. Was terrible.

My girlfriend and her friend were with me in the UNT section wearing UT gear if maybe that is what you saw. That girlfriend turned wife will be wearing green this time around. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

This was the game where, the night before at a gathering of fans/alumni, Coach Dickey said "I hope that when Dr. B, looks up at the scoreboard at the end of the game, she remembers how much we are making out of this game". ................ :angry2:

Also the day that about 2 hours before kick-off RV told me he thought a lot of Longhorn fans would be surprised today. If they were, it was only because of quickly the game was over once it began.

Seems like they got the ball in mid-field just about every possession, while our guys were well inside our own 20, most of the game. Hard to play competitively under those circumstances. Was just a good old-fashioned ass-kicking all around.

• Upvote 1