Ed Wallace. Once again the voice of reason and logic. http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/olive/Tablet/FortWorth/SharedArticle.aspx?href=FWST%2F2014%2F05%2F24&id=Ar07801

My favorite segment....

Disturbing Gullibility

For 19 years the established media has been incredibly gracious to me, though my columns often correct published reports, or contribute facts that add nuance and balance to stories the media report. What I don’t find in the established media is any intent to propagate misinformation and pass it off as the truth in order to deceive the public.

What disturbs me greatly is how many people troll for outrageous websites that publish outlandish claims, then suggest that I’m enabling some nebulous cover-up by not giving these facts to the public. I’m embarrassed for them (since apparently they’re not), for promoting and distributing misinformation and wearing that news pollution like a badge of honor. Remember, these are the same individuals who claim they can’t trust legitimate reporting of critical news stories by reputable establishments.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Seems like old Hippy Ed forgets about Dan Rather's embarrassment and thankful parting from the national media for his fraudulent reports on George W. Bush and conveniently ignores the NBC's doctoring of the Trayvon Martin 911 call in an attempt to publicly lynch someone that they had tried and convicted because the accused was white and the deceased was black (something that should have been an embarrassment for many a poster in this forum, but much like the national media, they just kept their eyes closed and continued with the lynching, even when the evidence that they originally pointed to was proven bogus or just plain made up).

But, hey, as long as its the "right" agenda, it's ok with the political likes of you, eh?

I'm sure little ole Ed Wallace hasn't experienced biased media in his "this is the best car for the bargain" local articles. Because most people don't care.

As far as believing Internet sights, buyer beware, as always. Of course ole Ed conveniently forgets the good work done by those non-mainstream sites like Breitbart and, hell, TMZ lately. But then that wouldn't fit HIS Internet agenda, now would it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Seems like old Hippy Ed forgets about Dan Rather's embarrassment and thankful parting from the national media for his fraudulent reports on George W. Bush and conveniently ignores the NBC's doctoring of the Trayvon Martin 911 call in an attempt to publicly lynch someone that they had tried and convicted because the accused was white and the deceased was black (something that should have been an embarrassment for many a poster in this forum, but much like the national media, they just kept their eyes closed and continued with the lynching, even when the evidence that they pointed to was proven bogus or just plain made up).

But, hey, as long as its the "right" agenda, it's ok with the political likes of you, eh?

I'm sure little ole Ed Wallace hasn't experienced biased media in his "this is the best car for the bargain" local articles. Because most people don't care.

As far as believing Internet sights, buyer beware, as always. Of course ole Ed conveniently forgets the good work done by those non-mainstream sites like Breitbart and, hell, TMZ lately. But then that wouldn't fit HIS Internet agenda, now would it.

Ed Wallace liberal? Geezz louise. As usual, the mean spirited right wing doesn't know the difference between logical, reasonable and biased.

"Ed Wallace is a recipient of the

Gerald R. Loeb Award for business journalism."

I'll take your dismissive comments about him to heart when you earn one award on Business Journalism. And thanks for the Madow comment. I thought you might have come back to offer an insult.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ed Wallace liberal? Geezz louise. As usual, the mean spirited right wing doesn't know the difference between logical, reasonable and biased.

"Ed Wallace is a recipient of the

Gerald R. Loeb Award for business journalism."

I'll take your dismissive comments about him to heart when you earn one award on Business Journalism. And thanks for the Madow comment. I thought you might have come back to offer an insult.

An insult? I thought you would wear that with a badge of honor. ;-)

But I guess calling me a dirty politician is ok.

Guess you won't address the other aspects, or Bernard Goldberg's much more up close experience with media bias while working for a NATIONAL NETWORK. Have you read Bias? Of course not, because you don't want to read anything that questions your liberal positions.

Anyone know whatever came of the Brady Violation complaint filed on prosecutor Angela Corey for attempting to hide potential evidence in the Trayvon Martin case? Amazingly enough, I can't find any mainstream media coverage of it on the Internet.

This is what SHOULD concern all you liberals out there, because actions like this are how innocent people end up in jail, regardless of their color. But that's only important to liberals if that innocent person is one from which they can make political hay, hence the lack of coverage on the Brady Violation hearing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

90 makes the word 'liberal' sound like a dirty word. Intelligent people let the issues dictate their position not their ideology.

90 is there one 'liberal' position you agree with? I didn't think so....

Texting while driving?

Also a big fan if the innocence project. The truth is the truth, and you shouldn't be afraid of it, especially when someone may or may not have been convicted of something they didn't do.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Texting while driving?

Also a big fan if the innocence project. The truth is the truth, and you shouldn't be afraid of it, especially when someone may or may not have been convicted of something they didn't do.

There's hope for you yet.

I would like to ask why you see those two issues as 'libreral'. Not engaging in distracting behaviors while driving is just common sense. Setting the innocent free is just fair.

There's hope for you yet.

I would like to ask why you see those two issues as 'libreral'. Not engaging in distracting behaviors while driving is just common sense. Setting the innocent free is just fair.

You are right. Texting was obviously a joke.

The innocence project is also common sense to me, but it is mostly staffed by liberals, which is why I identify it as such. I don't agree with everything they do and think they sometimes push cases that shouldn't be pushed, but with what we now know about the faultiness of witness identification, specifically cross racial witness IDs, and the availability of DNA really make this a no brainer.

Edited by UNT90

The two examples you gave are perfect. As an intelligent individual you made a judgement based on common sense & fairness - not ideology. That's what we should all do.

Sadly, liberals resort to name calling and labeling when someone doesn't agree with their perception of common sense and fairness. Just go back through and look at the liberals on this board and what they post. Always telling people that disagree that they are morons or bigots.

Just because someone expresses the opposite opinion.

It's mean spirited and ugly. Funny that they use these terms to label conservatives.

For simply having the audacity to disagree with them.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Sadly, liberals resort to name calling and labeling when someone doesn't agree with their perception of common sense and fairness. Just go back through and look at the liberals on this board and what they post. Always telling people that disagree that they are morons or bigots.

Just because someone expresses the opposite opinion.

It's mean spirited and ugly. Funny that they use these terms to label conservatives.

For simply having the audacity to disagree with them.

'90, you do see the irony in your trsponse, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Funny. The last time I commented on your expressed opinion you called yourself a bigot.

I have no doubt that is what you read into any of my comments.

Maybe you would like to explain your prejudiced comments in the Trayvon Martin thread? Your willingness to believe the NBC edited 911 tape, implying Zimmerman was guilty of being a racist? Your post about Zimmerman being uninjured the night of the altercation? Calling me a racist for not jumping on your prejudiced bandwagon?

Pre-judge. That's what you did. And jumped on every media report early on to support your prejudiced opinion.

Care to address that?

Or will you chose to simply call me more names?

• Downvote 4

'90, you do see the irony in your trsponse, right?

Great response. There is no irony. I don't call people names. I may address what they say(like above), but I don't call people morons, stupid, or racists just because I disagree with them on an issue.

Of course, we are leaving that craphole in San Antonio and their POS fan base out of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Such vague responses.

Especially from one of the biggest name callers in this forum.

Don't call names, just put the truth. There was No need for me to expand on the criticism, because you heard want I was saying in your head.

Edited by GreenBat
  • Upvote 1