Derek Thompson to the Broncos

DT 90

I asked DT about a month ago why he wasn't wearing his bowl watch and he stated a terrifying fear of breaking it. So, it's staying in its case and on a shelf.

Wouldn't you? I mean, special occasions maybe, but it's not a ring and it can be broken so easily.

Edited by JesseMartin

If Derek Thompson makes the team and 3 years down the road ends up being a successful starter, the reaction on this forum will be interesting.

Some will be excitedly cheering him on.

Others will still be criticizing him for overthrowing a receiver in the 2nd quarter of a 27-17 Denver win.

• Upvote 1

There are plenty of successful NFL quarterbacks who weren't exactly vaunted heroes of the college game. Conversely, you've got the Tebows and Vince Youngs of the college game who don't translate to the pro level. I definitely considered DT to be a mediocre college QB, but I also recognized him as a great team leader and a guy of superb character. I'd love to see him succeed in the NFL, and I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt for any reservations I had about him in the college game.

• Upvote 5

All I saw on Twitter was the Trice deal, giving us Chancellor, Trice and Orr, who are the three many of us assumed would go pro anyway. So in my mind anybody else is a bonus ;)

Invites can go out at anytime up to the start of the Training camps. In fact, after the Mini camps, teams evaluate all the video from the Rookie Mini camp before determining which additional players will be extended training camp invites with the exception of players that really showed well during the rookie camp and were signed at that time. Just because you don't get signed right after the Rookie camp, doesn't mean you won't get a call later on in May and into June.

Invites can go out at anytime up to the start of the Training camps. In fact, after the Mini camps, teams evaluate all the video from the Rookie Mini camp before determining which additional players will be extended training camp invites with the exception of players that really showed well during the rookie camp and were signed at that time. Just because you don't get signed right after the Rookie camp, doesn't mean you won't get a call later on in May and into June.

There are also 31 other teams that may look at him based on need as time progresses.