Mean Green sign new Safety Matthew Dash

dml7007

That Pierce College must have been really good last season as they had quite a number of D-I signees. Dash is not listed on here as this was from awhile back.

Brahmas Football News

Congrats to all the Pierce Football players that committed today. Here is our updated list of players with full ride scholarships:

Division 1

TE Isaac Ijalana - University of Oklahoma

DE Jon Johnson - Cal

WR Tyrin Stone-Davis - University of Illinois

OL - Proof Chaimberlain - University of West Virginia

LB - Kohl Adams-Hurd - Old Dominion University

QB - Nick Arbuckle - Georgia State University

LB - Reece Schmidt - Old Dominion University

DT - Hakeem Allonce - University of Cincinnati Bearcats

TE - Tyler Kolodny - University of Memphis

OL - Brandon Mitchell - Marshall University

LB - Nico Henry - Southern University

FS - Bobby Baker Jr. - University of Alabama-Birmingham

CB - Max Lyons - Portland State

DT - Terrance Neahauser - Missouri State University

Division 2

LB - John R. PRuden - Southern Missouri

SS - Byron William Rozier - Chowan University

LB - Lonnie Park - Henderson University

We still have another 8-10 players that will get D1 offers and another 5-7 that will get D2. This is what JUCO football is about. Helping your players get a FREE education!!!

They're a solid program. I have a lot of family in the SF Valley, and had a couple cousins play for Pierce a few years ago. There's some really good junior college football played in this country, in places like Kansas, Mississippi, and Texas. But I'm of the opinion that California has the best JUCO system for football. Not just stacked teams here and there, but stacked conferences.

Everything I have heard was there was only one left after signing day but I have learned that can sometimes be a fluid number.

My take is that this kid was all signed sealed and delivered to Illinois and something happened and he was not able to graduate in time to be eligible for Spring Training. So, that opened things back up for him. This conversation on the Illinois board seems to back that up: http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=855292

Yup, and that's all Vito has been reporting as well. The numbers thing can be fluid, but I really don't quite understand what's so hard to figure out. We have 25 scholarships per class. 23 signees were announced on signing day, including the former walkons, and we just added 1 to that number. Still 1 short of 25.

And it's not like our team is full on scholarships. That's where I could see the fluidity coming from. Saying, "oh we're full right now, but if a guy or two transfer then that would open up some spots." That's not the case, as far as I know, and we are not at our limit of 85 total or 25 for this class. Who knows? Not me, I guess.

• Upvote 1

Yup, and that's all Vito has been reporting as well. The numbers thing can be fluid, but I really don't quite understand what's so hard to figure out. We have 25 scholarships per class. 23 signees were announced on signing day, including the former walkons, and we just added 1 to that number. Still 1 short of 25.

And it's not like our team is full on scholarships. That's where I could see the fluidity coming from. Saying, "oh we're full right now, but if a guy or two transfer then that would open up some spots." That's not the case, as far as I know, and we are not at our limit of 85 total or 25 for this class. Who knows? Not me, I guess.

BillySee58 needs to be put on paid staff. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1