Mac on The Ticket this morning

Marty

I have a feeling our boys are going to show up in Austin and play really hard. I always fear what Strong and Louisville did to Ohio last year to start the year. That nationally televised destruction hangover combined with a North Texas team that didn't how great they could be showed up the following week and almost stole one from the Bobcats. I did not see that 49 point lead out of the gate coming and it made OU look worse than they were. Maybe Strong/Mac's relationship keeps the Horns from running it up, IF THEY CAN.

Back to my opening sentence. This team knows about BIG moments and taking advantage of opportunities. If our horses are already game planning and training every day beginning now, that $100 ticket isn't going to be so painful.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling our boys are going to show up in Austin and play really hard.

This team knows about BIG moments and taking advantage of opportunities.

The first sentence is a guarantee. Mac & the staff will not accept anything less. The days of getting rolled are a thing of the past.

The second sentence, however, I think is less clear. With all the roster turnover, I'm not sure we can say that THIS team knows about big moments. I trust they'll be well prepared for it all, but we won't really know how they react until 8/30.