Hey look! Another article we can argue about!

golfingomez

UT, SMU, Indiana, RICE, UTSA, FAU

To me that is a 6-game swing you need to go 3-3 in. If that happens we could have another very special season.

3-3 in these games is an absolute must. I think if we beat SMU & Indiana early then FAU and utsa will be very winnable. 4-2 is doable, even 5-1. In hindsight so is 2-4 or 1-5. Attitude and in game adjustments will be the difference. A lot it's and but's right now.

I'm focused on going 1-0. If they accomplish that, what is standing in their way off reaching the first ever college football playoffs? Rice? UTSA? The Hoosiers? Ponies? Marshall in a potential CUSA Championship game? I ain't scared. As Mean Joe once said, "Bring em on, bring em all on!"

McCarney's track record shows he is one who can maintain success. Last year was good, heck, great in my opinion. But he's not satisfied and neither are any of the coaches or players.

I'd be shocked to go 6-6, every home game is winnable. If we (the fans) create a dominate home field advantage, 6-0 at home. My personal goal for this year is to #Hit9. Planning on travelling to Austin, San Antonio and Houston and attending every home game. If you don't think we "have arrived", let me remind you....

10245407_10102411947469970_5001321721883

Sure anything can happen and I am excited to see a new season. I'm just bringing in the realism of multiple possibilities, possibilities that some posters (IMO) feel like are behind us. People forget that we didn't get here is a straight line, first year was 5-7, so we would naturally have 1 or 2 more wins next year right? We went 4-8. Just the same way as we continue to improve there is always the chance we hit a bump in the road. Even top teams that pay millions to their staff have a hard time staying on top, and they get some of the best recruits in the nation.

La tech, nich state, uab, so miss, utep, fiu are 6 games we should win and be favored to win. To go 5-7 means we lost one of these games and we are one of the worst teams in the nation.

Can one if these programs have a big turnaround year like we did last year? Im really finding it hard to pick one. 4 of these games are at home.

Maybe a slip up at utep? Thats the only one I can see sneaking us and possibly having us go 5-7.

That also means we have no good performances at all against average teams like Indiana, smu, fau, and rice. 5-7 would be a failure and would probably mean we need to see Connor means burn the redshirt.