UT QB David Ash fractures foot

NT03

I have no idea, but I would assume they would want to red shirt Heard

Ideally for them they'd be able to redshirt him, but I don't think they will have that luxury. Especially if Ash is out. Strong also had some success playing Teddy Bridgewater as a true frosh. Not that Heard is as developed a passer, but still. Maybe some worth noting.

Yeah, I don't know about easily. Whoever the QB is, Ash or not, the key to the game is to stop or at least slow down the run game. If we do that, then we have a punchers chance. That's what we did at Uga and we had a semi punchers chance, even with Murray throwing for over 400 on us (99 of that coming off busted coverage off PA).

• Upvote 1

Easily?

Easily may not have been the right word, but it greatly improves our chances. Imagine the Georgia game last year if they didn't have the SEC's all-time leading passer, but rather an innacurate QB. Their running game will be tough to stop, but it'll be a lot easier if we can stack the box.
  • Upvote 3

Regardless who the QB is the box has to be stacked and the run has to be hemmed up. If we let them run successfully then play action will start to be implemented and we'll get ran out of Austin. Run the 4-3, but invert the SS so as he is a practical 4th LB and take your chances.

• Upvote 1

Had a ut grad give me an estimate on a new roof...mentioned the ash injury and he says that kid is always infured...also, he was complaining about how far in the dumps his school has fallen...I then mentioned our one winning season in a decade...ya...He was still upset about his school...

on a side note, got a good estimate for a damn roof! I need a beer...

• Upvote 1

They are expecting a transfer from USC named Max Wittek. #3 pro-style in the nation when he was coming out of high school in 2011. He's leaving because he couldn't beat out the #2 pro-style qb in the nation from the class of 2011.

But he won't be eligible for Aug. 30. Who cares about any UT game after that.