Thanks, Silver -

But, I took Oil and Gas Law, International Petroluem Transactions, and Land Use Law from a former Carter and Clinton official, and took a Renewal Energy Law from one of the few JSD's in the country, who also worked in the Carter administration, both for the U.S. and consulting for the U.N.

I've learned what those on the left believe about energy from people who have lived it and dedicated their lives to it.

I appreciated learning from both of them because they did not attack oil companies. And, both understood that renewable energy was going to take several decades, if not most of the 21st Century to implement because of the cost.

Electric cars, wind farming...it's all good an well, but it isn't cheap or efficient yet. And, there are many products that come from petroleum that make life much easier and safer. The strident attitudes against petroleum are nothing but ignorance and hypocrisy; neither of the professors who taught energy policy and law to me had such.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

And finally. Fake Lonnie, if you are still in your 30's or even 40's I don't think you would know a true leftist if they beat you over the head with a handful of daises and woke you up in the morning with their Strawberry alarm clock. People that you (and others) call leftist are what political activist of my youth called centrist.....or sell-outs. And everyone of that era called our current tea party conservatives the John Burch Society. And all of them, including Republicans, laughed at them.

Why would you be surprised that extreme leftists would call less extreme leftists "centrists" or "sell-outs"?

And exactly which aspects of "tea party conservative" would "everyone of that era" :rolleyes: find so radical?

Why would you be surprised that extreme leftists would call less extreme leftists "centrists" or "sell-outs"?

And exactly which aspects of "tea party conservative" would "everyone of that era" :rolleyes: find so radical?

When I was a kid in the 70s and 80s, I think they called the Tea Party crowd Libertarians. What it looked like to me, though, is that it was just adults who wanted to smoke dope, have no social judgement rendered upon their decision to leave their wives and kids for their secretaries, and didn't want to pay taxes. Assholes, basically.

Thanks, Silver -

But, I took Oil and Gas Law, International Petroluem Transactions, and Land Use Law from a former Carter and Clinton official, and took a Renewal Energy Law from one of the few JSD's in the country, who also worked in the Carter administration, both for the U.S. and consulting for the U.N.

I've learned what those on the left believe about energy from people who have lived it and dedicated their lives to it.

I appreciated learning from both of them because they did not attack oil companies. And, both understood that renewable energy was going to take several decades, if not most of the 21st Century to implement because of the cost.

Electric cars, wind farming...it's all good an well, but it isn't cheap or efficient yet. And, there are many products that come from petroleum that make life much easier and safer. The strident attitudes against petroleum are nothing but ignorance and hypocrisy; neither of the professors who taught energy policy and law to me had such.

......but people are out there doing their best to make it more affordable.

http://www.gizmag.com/saphonian-bladeless-wind-turbine/24890/

http://www.triplepundit.com/2011/09/wind-lens/

If cost was the only reason for a product to succeed or fail, then computers should have failed back in the early 80's. I remember when the big computers of my youth had little more (or less) computing power than a current I-phone. Companies used to lease computer time, because they were too expensive to own.

If cost was the only reason for a product to succeed or fail, then computers should have failed back in the early 80's. I remember when the big computers of my youth had little more (or less) computing power than a current I-phone. Companies used to lease computer time, because they were too expensive to own.

For you historians out there, the IBM Mainframe turned 50 yesterday. Still running most businesses large scale computing. In fact, the business model you mention is still used to this day where companies don't own the mainframes but lease them.

(well, really Cheny) .

Lol.

You realize you are just like those people claiming Pres. Obama was a Kenyan, right?

Stop buying into the leftist drivel that Bush had the intellect of a 5 year old and had to let Chaney make all the decisions.

It does reflect well on your own intellect.

As for Reagan, he was the initial tea party member. But, unlike the current president, he realized that he had to deal with the other party if he wanted to get anything done (democrat congress), so he befriend Tip O'Neal and obtained promises of future balanced budgets for spending compromises. I doubt Reagan truly believed Tip O'Neal, who was pork barrel in so many ways, would ever keep his promise, but Reagan didn't have much of a choice if he wanted to govern.

"This would require an area of 170,000 square miles, about the size of California. Now, that’s still a pretty big area, but it’s getting smaller all the time. (Not that we ever wanted to meet all of our demand with wind, anyway.)"

I'd be perfectly happy with replacing the population of California with wind farms to help lessen the cost of energy. The coasts are going to be underwater when the polar ice caps melt anyway, so let's get a head start on moving the population out of there now!

With massive deficit defense spending! Yay!

Read the Constitution again. Legislative branch makes the budget, not the Executive:

Article I, Section 8:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

—And To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Downvote 1

Read the Constitution again. Legislative branch makes the budget, not the Executive:

Article I, Section 8:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

—And To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Soooo...the Democratic congress of the 80's won the Cold War?

• Upvote 4

Silly liberals, all Carter had to do was tell the USSR to tear down the Berlin Wall like grandpa Ronnie did. They COULD have defeated communism then!

Yes, If only Carter'd had a backbone, perhaps it would have ended sooner. You have to at least commend him, though, for beginning the build up of the defense spending that allowed us to help crater the Soviet economy:

"During the past 3 years, you have joined with me to improve our own security and the prospects for peace, not only in the vital oil-producing area of the Persian Gulf region but around the world. We've increased annually our real commitment for defense, and we will sustain this increase of effort throughout the Five Year Defense Program. It's imperative that Congress approve this strong defense budget for 1981, encompassing a 5-percent real growth in authorizations, without any reduction."

-Jimmy Carter, January 23, 1980

• Upvote 1