Softball vs uTsa

As an aside, why does this thread not show up on "View New Content"? That's almost always the way I check to see what's up at gmg.com, and I'm surprised I found this thread without it showing up there.

I'm not sure but I've requested Harry to change the baseball page to softball. It seems silly that we have a fully dedicated page to a sport that doesn't yet exist, and not have a page for one that does.

We are down 4-3 in the 4th of the second game.

Rick

Got out for the first game. Decent crowd for 10 am on a Sat morn. Chilly, windy with rain on its way.

I met Neal Smatresk. He was with his wife and I presume his son or daughter, spouse and his grand baby.

Said it was first softball game at NT and he wanted to see two CUSA undefeated teams play.

Sometime around the third inning, he turned around to the crowd, asked if Ashley's parents were in the crowd and complimented her Mom on how great of a pitcher Ashley is. Nice moment.

Legitimate hit with two outs in the top of the 7th to give up the no-hitter, but great game. She struck out a whole bunch today.

Had to leave, but pitching struggled in game two. May be a reflection of how good Ashley Kirk is.

Game was rain delayed for about an hour, and we gave up 5 runs when the game started up again.

GMG

GMG

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure but I've requested Harry to change the baseball page to softball. It seems silly that we have a fully dedicated page to a sport that doesn't yet exist, and not have a page for one that does.

Rick

I like the current configuration. I don't think we need separate forums for all of the sports.

but why does a sport that doesn't even exist (baseball) get a page, when several successful sports don't? shouldn't it be merged back in with the "others"? otherwise it seems disrespectful, while the traffic doesn't justify its own sub-forum.

- I would think at the very least it should be Mean Green Baseball/Softball Forum

• Upvote 2

but why does a sport that doesn't even exist (baseball) get a page, when several successful sports don't? shouldn't it be merged back in with the "others"? otherwise it seems disrespectful, while the traffic doesn't justify its own sub-forum.

- I would think at the very least it should be Mean Green Baseball/Softball Forum

We've been told baseball IS coming. Since it's coming discussion is sure to follow.

Why do more people care about, attend, and talk about men's basketball than women's basketball?