UT is not worried about North Texas, at all.

Ben Gooding

Yes, we could. We have zero experience at QB. If we can't run the ball and start throwing picks, it could be a VERY long day.

We played our asses off at Georgia for 2 1/2 quarters, but their depth got to us in the end. And that was a FAR more experienced UNT team than will take the field against UT. UT gets whatever athletes they want. They will have better athletes than Georgia had last year.

With so many questions, I would be thrilled if we kept it close for a half and lost by 3 TDs.

Of course we all HOPE for an upset, and maybe having to adjust to Charlie Strong's system will help keep it close for a while, but the odds of victory are extremely long, my friend.

All of this.

Special teams has to have a big day for us. During the last 2 tail-whippings we've endured at UT, they completely crushed us with average starting field position, which made it easy for the game to get out of hand with a quickness. Three and out. Punt. Big return. Repeat.

I don't doubt we've played better UT teams -- in fact, I'd say this will be one of the weaker of the last four -- but their defense is still strong (not a pun) and we absolutely have as large a question mark at QB as they, if not more.

It seems like each of our respective strengths and weaknesses are the same.

And their view is not unique to them, or to "high school kids"

Didn't know that informing them that the article was a joke, and that she didn't even use current pictures constituted "arguing". Thanks for clarifying.

Once again, informing someone of facts when they happen to be standing right next to you, does not constitute "arguing" or "telling them off"

Were they d-bags and little pricks because of their view of UNT, or because of how they responded to your politely-delivered information?

I am genuinely a little concerned that a lot of us - because of our view of UT - might be d-bags and little pricks when in Austin, and we don't even know it!

• Upvote 1

Also, our offense didn't do much of anything against Georgia, scoring just 7 of our 21 points with 238 yards passing and SEVEN yards rushing -- which was a fairly common theme for each of our losses in 2013.

What reason is there to believe the offense will be better in the early part of 2014, after losing Chancellor and a senior QB?

Also, our offense didn't do much of anything against Georgia, scoring just 7 of our 21 points with 238 yards passing and SEVEN yards rushing -- which was a fairly common theme for each of our losses in 2013.

What reason is there to believe the offense will be better in the early part of 2014, after losing Chancellor and a senior QB?

We return nearly our entirely OL. Humble brag: I think we could put Grandma behind our OL and be stable.

I also think the emergence of more capable weapons/options across the field will compensate for the loss of our superstar. How much? I don't know.

If DW starts Day 1, we have a mobile QB with the best arm of the crop, too.

My biggest concern? We could be underestimating DT's value as a leader.

We return nearly our entirely OL. Humble brag: I think we could put Grandma behind our OL and be stable.

I also think the emergence of more capable weapons/options across the field will compensate for the loss of our superstar. How much? I don't know.

If DW starts Day 1, we have a mobile QB with the best arm of the crop, too.

My biggest concern? We could be underestimating DT's value as a leader.

The OL is a bright spot, no question. I'd argue DT's greatest value was as a leader, so I do think that's an issue. Though on paper we likely have more "gifted" QB's on the roster right now. Be interesting to see who emerges as the "guy."

Also, if we manage just one TD, we'll tie our best effort in the past 3. We've literally scored 7 points in the last three games in Austin. That stat is mind-boggling.

Acknowledging reality = UT partiality? I'm not a big fan to UTs dominance in the state either but it is what it is. They are in the Capitol, don't have to compete with any pro teams, and have oil money out in west Texas on top of all the massive,just ridiculously massive alumni donations they receive. It has almost become a pro team for sure and their coach usually gets paid in the ballpark of most NFL coaches. Is it fair? No. Is it reality? Yes.

Tell me about UT's "dominance" post-2005 with all that cash.

For a school with that much money, they should be like Bama. But they aren't. They're beatable.

We didn't come to lose. Many of y'all are fine with accepting defeat because it's the undefeatable UT. Lol. I'm not saying we win. We have a fighting chance, though. So much of a chance I guarantee UT would not schedule this game if they could go back and time. Way too risky when you can just play UTEP or Texas State. Or FCS.

Also, SilverEagle, great post. Years of losing have brutalized this fanbase.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 1

The longhorns should be no more concerned about us than the Dallas Cowboys would be....pro franchises should always beat college teams.

Excellent point. I just hope we can stay with this pro team for a half or so until their almost unlimited depth take its toll. Foregone conclusion or not, our guys need us in the stands down there. The SMU game will be only a week away and they need to know that we are behind them against any and all opponents whatever the odds.

My God, it sounds like I am reading a bunch of UT fans post. Half of you might as well delete your account and go put on your throw up orange t-shirt. The way people sound on here I know y'all have a few of them hanging in the closet. Of course y'all will come up with some trumped up excuse, "my niece in-law went there." Disgusting.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I always smile when smu and ut win games because it seems to make some people hurt all over. It's funny how worked up some people get. There's a few who are obsessed with the other guys. I'm not any less a fan than anyone on this board. Just don't have such a fragile ego that other teams being successful causes me grief.

Blast me? I just don't understand this fan base. I am a raised Florida Gator, but North Texas by choice. I have easily been to 12-15 Florida football games. My entire family are Florida fans. Both of my parents graduated from Florida, as well as my oldest brother. I too am a Florida fan, but I am also a die hard North Texas fan. At Florida literally no fans would talk the jibber jabber coming out of some of your mouths. I understand that these 2 universities and football programs are apples and oranges, but there is little to no pride or real fanatic fans here at North Texas. A real fanatic would not simply sit there and say meh, hopefully we keep it under 24. Or 40!!! Most of us are fanatics or we wouldn't follow this board so closely. Raise your expectations, increase your standards. I know the last 10 years have been pitiful, but every program has been rock bottom and all the great ones have rose to the top and earned a P5 invitation and can now compete nationally. I mean wtf, if you aren't all in then gtf off this board. Not to be disrespectful, but step up to the plate. GMG

• Upvote 1

Blast me? I just don't understand this fan base. I am a raised Florida Gator, but North Texas by choice. I have easily been to 12-15 Florida football games. My entire family are Florida fans. Both of my parents graduated from Florida, as well as my oldest brother. I too am a Florida fan, but I am also a die hard North Texas fan. At Florida literally no fans would talk the jibber jabber coming out of some of your mouths. I understand that these 2 universities and football programs are apples and oranges, but there is little to no pride or real fanatic fans here at North Texas. A real fanatic would not simply sit there and say meh, hopefully we keep it under 24. Or 40!!! Most of us are fanatics or we wouldn't follow this board so closely. Raise your expectations, increase your standards. I know the last 10 years have been pitiful, but every program has been rock bottom and all the great ones have rose to the top and earned a P5 invitation and can now compete nationally. I mean wtf, if you aren't all in then gtf off this board. Not to be disrespectful, but step up to the plate. GMG

This. Dodge is gone and we have a heck of a program going. I will be disappointed if we lose, even if its close.

We are GMG.

Resistance is futile.

Your optimism will be assimilated and turned into pessimism.

(Just move on, man, this is a losing battle. We should forfeit, IMO. We have no chance. The might Longhorn fans of GMG say so.)

I can't take any more of these offseason threads, I'll see y'all come August.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 3

We are GMG.

Resistance is futile.

Your optimism will be assimilated and turned into pessimism.

(Just move on, man, this is a losing battle. We should forfeit, IMO. We have no chance. The might Longhorn fans of GMG say so.)

I can't take any more of these offseason threads, I'll see y'all come August.

Promise?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tell me about UT's "dominance" post-2005 with all that cash.

For a school with that much money, they should be like Bama. But they aren't. They're beatable.

We didn't come to lose. Many of y'all are fine with accepting defeat because it's the undefeatable UT. Lol. I'm not saying we win. We have a fighting chance, though. So much of a chance I guarantee UT would not schedule this game if they could go back and time. Way too risky when you can just play UTEP or Texas State. Or FCS.

Also, SilverEagle, great post. Years of losing have brutalized this fanbase.

Totally agree.
  • Upvote 2

A couple of final thoughts:

Silver would take that mantra coaching a PeeWee squad against the Seattle Seahawks. They probably wouldn't win, but maybe he'd still find some darn good pageantry.

The odds are, I am not going to win the lottery. But every time I buy a Texas Two Step ticket, gosh darn it I expect to win.

This thread turned stupid.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1