UNT Alum Phyllis George Interview Fox 4

Harry

Three alumni will be honored at the event: Peter Weller, Academy Award-nominated actor; Larry McMurtry, Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist and Oscar-winning screenwriter; and Phyllis George, sports broadcaster and Miss America 1971.

“UNT is a big part of my life, and it’s an extraordinary honor,” George said. “It’s an honor to be honored.”

read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20140305-second-emerald-eagle-event-set-tonight.ece

Perhaps I missed it, but I have seen very little coverage of this event in the Dallas media. There was nothing in the DMN today and no mention of it last night on Channel 8. I would think that an event emceed by Ali McGraw honoring Larry Mc Murtry and the others would be somewhat newsworthy around here.

• Upvote 2

I've got news for you. She will be 76 in April.

I was at the event. I was disappointed that we didn't hear anything from Phyllis George or Peter Weller. We heard plenty from Ali MacGraw who "introduced" Peter Weller and plenty from Brent Musburger who "introduced" Phyllis George but nothing from the honorees themselves. I did speak with Peter Weller while waiting on my car. I asked him to come see Apogee Stadium. He said he would be in Denton April 11. I told him I didn't think there was a game in April.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

I've got news for you. She will be 76 in April.

I was at the event. I was disappointed that we didn't hear anything from Phyllis George or Peter Weller. We heard plenty from Ali MacGraw who "introduced" Peter Weller and plenty from Brent Musburger who "introduced" Phyllis George but nothing from the honorees themselves. I did speak with Peter Weller while waiting on my car. I asked him to come see Apogee Stadium. He said he would be in Denton April 11. I told him I didn't think there was a game in April.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Ali McGraw -76

Phyllis George -64. .... Just to clear up any confusion, right?

Spring Game is April 12....call Peter and tell him to stay over one day for that Apogee game.

• Upvote 1

I see my confusion. Too many pretty women. A common situation in and around the University of North Texas.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Pretty girls have been a North Texas tradition for many, many years.

So you're saying you would........?