SMU on A&M LB Jordan Richmond transferring to UNT

Harry

And we're all stoned deadbeat art kids.

A pretty hefty disproportionate amount to most schools are.

You know what they say, We Mean Green.

I have a sour opinion of SMU because the only dude I knew who went to SMU was a rich, primadonna StuCo snob who, when asked my girlfriend where she was going and replied NT, his response was "Why aren't you going to a real school?"

He wore Sperrys.

Just sayin.

Edited by meangreener

A pretty hefty disproportionate amount to most schools are.

You know what they say, We Mean Green.

I have a sour opinion of SMU because the only dude I knew who went to SMU was a rich, primadonna StuCo snob who, when asked my girlfriend where she was going and replied NT, his response was "Why aren't you going to a real school?"

He wore Sperrys.

Just sayin.

So one douche swayed your opinion into thinking everyone involved at SMU thinks the same way? That's pretty sad.

BTW who cares what he wears...lots of people wear Sperry.

We've got our fair share of douches at NT also..at least when I attended there.

• Upvote 4

Ummm you would be really surprised that most of SMU actually does consist of normal human beings just like every other college in America.

And the thinking that everyone at SMU came from wealth or upper middle class families is the biggest misconception and nonsense.

You are fighting a losing battle, my friend.

So one douche swayed your opinion into thinking everyone involved at SMU thinks the same way? That's pretty sad.

That was my only interaction ever with an SMU person. He failed out, attends UH. Hopefully that will remain my only interaction.

My issue is if you are rich enough to go to a Texas private...why are you not attending TCU, Baylor or Rice? Excluding their top-tier MBA program, SMU is just...meh.

Edited by meangreener

Actually I think the business and engineering students outnumber the liberal arts students.

Still, we have more liberal art students in proportion to others than most schools.

Who the hell cares about SMU anyway? I couldn't care less how they view us, just like how we view them. I just couldn't give less of a shit how they view us.

The difference in how they see us and we see them is that facts back up that they're white and rich. Stats don't back up that we're commuter nor a teacher's school.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Still, we have more liberal art students in proportion to others than most schools.

Who the hell cares about SMU anyway? I couldn't care less how they view us, just like how we view them. I just couldn't give less of a shit how they view us.

The difference in how they see us and we see them is that facts back up that they're white and rich. Stats don't back up that we're commuter nor a teacher's school.

North Texas is hardly a commuter school. I think 20% live in campus housing and just about every house around campus is packed with North Texas students. Then many more students such as myself live in that 2-3 mile range away from campus. I'd bet maybe an 1/8 of the students commute, 20 miles or more.

North Texas is hardly a commuter school. I think 20% live in campus housing and just about every house around campus is packed with North Texas students. Then many more students such as myself live in that 2-3 mile range away from campus. I'd bet maybe an 1/8 of the students commute, 20 miles or more.

I'm saying that it is not a commuter school...so I don't get your point?

What you said is actually pretty close to statistically accurate.

Edited by meangreener

Did you know UNT90 when you were in school?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

People need to remember that SMU could raid our coaching staff if they wanted. They have the one thing that matters in college football. Money.

And for those that expect UNT to roll over them on 9/6, you are in for a big surprise. That game is gonna be a dogfight.

I agree, but at least we don't have to introduce our fans to our players.

It is my understanding they are not. Otherwise you'd see a tremendous amount of poaching.

Transfers can be on scholarship the day they transfer. I know several players who did. The recieving team can't contact them while they are actively playing somewhere else. Once they are released they can offer them. The poaching is stopped that way.
  • Upvote 1

Transfers can be on scholarship the day they transfer. I know several players who did. The recieving team can't contact them while they are actively playing somewhere else. Once they are released they can offer them. The poaching is stopped that way.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the insight.

• Upvote 1

Ummm you would be really surprised that most of SMU actually does consist of normal human beings just like every other college in America.

And the thinking that everyone at SMU came from wealth or upper middle class families is the biggest misconception and nonsense.

I reluctantly have to agree. A couple of decades ago the aforementioned comment had some validity, but probably more than half the student population these days is fairly mainstream. Certainly not defending them, because when I lived in University Park around the late 80's to early 90's I certainly ran into more than a few scumbags.