Former UNT player Clay Jennings hired by Arkansas

Harry

Wow -- Jennings now making $320K a year!!

Arkansas: New defensive backs coach Clay Jennings will make $320,000 annually in a contract that runs through June 2015. He has a $100,000 buyout if he leaves within the next 365 days which then drops to $50,000 through June 2015. Taver Johnson made $250,000 in that role last season.

read more: http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/clay-jennings-named-razorbacks-new-defensive-backs/11015/qabimUUo_kKkG_Akh0B2Jw

Thank goodness one of our own Alumni's was able to compete in the free enterprise market place, even in higher education where tenure is a staple, and be paid well for his professional skills.

Hopefully, RV, the AD department, and the BOR will accept the fact that the AD department needs to be run like a business. Seems at least were coaching salaries are involve UNT thinks like the government trying to fill coaching positions to the lowest acceptable last bidder.

Thank goodness the rest of our coaching staff is willing to work for what it seems is sub par salaries based on market conditions.

Edited by UNTMike81
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Well, since Arkansas' total revenue last year was just a few bucks shy of $100 million and we came in at $26 million I do understand how we aren't quite able to match the Razorbacks' salary structure. I do believe that last year's success will allow raises for all of the coaches soon but nowhere near Arkansas' ballpark.

Otherwise, I'm happy for Jennings' success.

My remembering is getting worse and worse but wasn't Clay Jennings an offensive lineman at North Texas? Certainly not impossible butt it seems odd that he's made a 180 degree turn in coaching defensive backs.

• Upvote 2

Well, since Arkansas' total revenue last year was just a few bucks shy of $100 million and we came in at $26 million I do understand how we aren't quite able to match the Razorbacks' salary structure. I do believe that last year's success will allow raises for all of the coaches soon but nowhere near Arkansas' ballpark.

Otherwise, I'm happy for Jennings' success.

My remembering is getting worse and worse but wasn't Clay Jennings an offensive lineman at North Texas? Certainly not impossible butt it seems odd that he's made a 180 degree turn in coaching defensive backs.

Clay was a Defensive Lineman and became a GA after his eligibility was up. He's a good guy. Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1