2014 North Texas Football Schedule

All About UNT

Legit chance to be 6-1 headed into the Rice game.

Interesting.

Note to CUSA: STOP TRYING TO MAKE THAT CRAPHOLE IN SAN ANTONIO OUR RiVALS!!!

Also, for the 1st time in recent memory, we are not playing a home game on Texas-OU weekend (thankgod!)

We play at UAB on 10/11.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I actually like the UTSA rivalry, let it happen, if we do not like then have the Coach go out to beat the snot out of them rather than playing conservative not to lose football, causing a loss.

Really only 3 good home games: SMU *DUH*, La Tech, and USM due to name.

Could care less about Nicholls or the FU's, why could we not get a New Mexico State or hell even Idaho again would be better than Nicholls.

• Upvote 2

Nicholls will hurt our strength of schedule but i think smu and indiana will help balance that out a little bit. i honestly believe that if this team keeps working and improving like they have been, UNT could be in for some national recognition this year!!! im feeling a conference championship and maybe even a national ranking... clearly im really optimistic about things!

• Upvote 1

Will definitely be making the UTSA trip. Possibly the UT game as well.

im trying to figure out how to make the UT game from Louisville... gonna be tricky on a GA stipend but i cant miss it... my girl is a UT alumna so i gotta be there to rub it in just in case we win!!! might make the trip up to indiana as well, its only about 1:45 to 2 hours away!

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 1

Love that there are 6 Denton games. A couple preferences: both FL schools can't be home or away every season. IMO, if they cannot alternate then they should spread them out across the season schedule. That Apogee schedule has "meh" all over November and beyond. And if SMiss doesn't get their act together, to me it is terrible after September!

The consolation is that Rice/UTSA are drivable, and the first 4 games are fantastic.

Overall, things get a little bit better year after year. It's just hard to put together an ideal slate that will please everyone.

Edited by greenminer

I love it!! A great schedule for a team on the rise! Bowl eligible should be no problem (man it feels nice to be able to say/think that). UTSA as a rival... sure why not? They came to our house last year and took the Division Championship right from our hands (and didn't even win it themselves). Perhaps when we meet this year the meeting will be for the goods again and we can give them a taste of their own medicine. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

Does playing an FCS team count as a win towards bowl eligibility? If it doesn't why would we waste our time with them? Either way I'm happy not to play FCS teams.

Yes, it does. I think the catch is that you can only count 1 win against FCS opponents towards your bowl eligibility per year. I think the other catch is that you can't count an FCS win towards your bowl eligibility in back to back years. So scheduling an FCS opponent in 2015 may not be in the cards. A lower rated FBS opponent like Idaho would be preferable anyways, for bringing a team in for one game.

2014 will be my first year as a student at North Texas. I was already excited when I got accepted, but in the mix of the football team's rise: it makes me more restless! I wish I could have attended the Heart of Dallas Bowl, but plan on attending every home game. Plus, I wouldn't mind taking trips to Austin, Houston and San Antonio.

As for the "rivalry" with UTSA, I hope it happens. I have a friend who will be attending UTSA and still hasn't let me forget the Roadrunners cost North Texas a berth in the Conference USA Championship Game.

• Upvote 3

2014 will be my first year as a student at North Texas. I was already excited when I got accepted, but in the mix of the football team's rise: it makes me more restless! I wish I could have attended the Heart of Dallas Bowl, but plan on attending every home game. Plus, I wouldn't mind taking trips to Austin, Houston and San Antonio.

As for the "rivalry" with UTSA, I hope it happens. I have a friend who will be attending UTSA and still hasn't let me forget the Roadrunners cost North Texas a berth in the Conference USA Championship Game.

We have two Mean Green Matts now?

• Upvote 2