DW Training Evals

pastorgrant

No it will not be, but if the strength coach is reporting to Coach Mac & Canales that motivation and effort isn't there that's not a good offseason start. However, that was just one day of evaluation. 2 days ago he got stars across the board and Coach Wintrich said outstanding effort. Consistency seems to be lacking. I'm a DW fan, but I've said all long he's got to get his mind right or he'll be on the outside looking in.

If positions were won based on their workouts then McNulty would have been on the field last year. Yes, the team needs to look at the QB as a leader, but this is only one facet of the job and one day's performance.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

If positions were won based on their workouts then McNulty would have been on the field last year. Yes, the tezm needs to look at the QB as a leader, but this is onlg one facet of the job and one day's performance.

You know good and well that Mac won't hand over the helm to someone who is getting blasted on his evals as being non-motivating, sluggish, lacking energy and so on. I hope for his sake that he takes this feedback to heart and realizes that he could piss away his chance to start by not buckling down and doing what he needs to.

You know good and well that Mac won't hand over the helm to someone who is getting blasted on his evals as being non-motivating, sluggish, lacking energy and so on. I hope for his sake that he takes this feedback to heart and realizes that he could piss away his chance to start by not buckling down and doing what he needs to.

This.

QB is a leadership position.

An Oline, Dline, WR, or just about any other position can get away with this behavior.

Not a QB, who is the defacto leader of the team.

DW better take this as a wake up call, or else he may find his ass on the bench.

As president of the DW fan club, this is just pure maddening to me.

As I stated, and DT90 reiterated, he had one bad day. Let's not jump to conclusions based on one day. Then again, the weight room may not be his thing and he may prove his leadership during Spring ball on tge field, which would be more important to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There's a category for motivating and he seems to do poorly in it consistently.

The "motivating" bit is apparently all about being vocal (see: loud) all the time.

Laramie Lee is the quietest guy on the team and we all know how well he plays.

(side note: an old roommate of mine is one of Lee's current roommates and says he's even near-silent at home)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Any chance there's something else, like the flu? I mean, would they even bother putting that out there? I'm just throwing it out here since this whole thing seems to develop speculation based on limited information. If he's not consistently underperforming, there could be a reason, and if it's something like an illness or family-type stuff, sticking with the program even in bad times is still a good sign. If we see this sort of results regularly from him then it could be a bad sign, but since I can only assume none of us know if there's something else like a head cold or a pulled muscle, then let's not fret until we see if it becomes a standard rather than an exception. Plus, with recent news, it appears that QB is likely to be our area of least concern; if Dajon needs an extra year to calibrate his leadership skills and someone else shows the capacity to be the winner we need in 2014, then so be it. Everything will be fine.

• Upvote 2

The "motivating" bit is apparently all about being vocal (see: loud) all the time.

Laramie Lee is the quietest guy on the team and we all know how well he plays.

(side note: an old roommate of mine is one of Lee's current roommates and says he's even near-silent at home)

agreed but he isn't a qb is he? Not to mention Trice was loud enough for both of them.

As I stated, and DT90 reiterated, he had one bad day. Let's not jump to conclusions based on one day. Then again, the weight room may not be his thing and he may prove his leadership during Spring ball on tge field, which would be more important to me.

If you look back through the reports there have been others.

If that is case next season could get ugly. I'm sure he is a great guy but he showed nothing last season.

He wasn't allowed to do anything last season. So your assertion isn't valid. Now if you said, "I don't think he has a good arm" or "he didn't do a lot in VERY limited reps" and ..."with a dumb downed play book" I'll listen.

Other than Lifer, I can't tell who's being sarcastic and who's not. These results are from three days of workouts. The vast majority are trying and will get better.

Maybe the purpose of posting results on facebook is to put pressure on those that need to step it up. It sure seems to be working in this case.

• Upvote 2