New Names on Offseason Workout Logs

Still injured. Yes, played in the bowl game but not on punts. Cannot go downfield as yet to cover punts. So, he played, yes, but only for extra points and field goal work.

Getting better, but still limited.

Just curious because the other guys who are injured ( Pegram & Rollins) were listed as such. It's probably nothing, Dunham doesn't strike me the type to just not show up

i dont think they have started official workouts yet so i would not worry about the names not on there. i think some guys may have leave from these workouts for one reason or the other but when spring officially starts, i would worry about guys no longer on the roster.

i dont think they have started official workouts yet so i would not worry about the names not on there. i think some guys may have leave from these workouts for one reason or the other but when spring officially starts, i would worry about guys no longer on the roster.

Yep

Just curious because the other guys who are injured ( Pegram & Rollins) were listed as such. It's probably nothing, Dunham doesn't strike me the type to just not show up

BTW, List I saw had Dunham's name on it.

McKinney gone? That's news to me. Austin Orr also?

[/quote)

I don't know for certain but neither are on the list of 87 on the workout sheets.

Edit: Though I don't understand the reason why, Josh Greer's name does not appear either. Isn't he supposed to be in the mix at spring training?

Edited by GrayEagle

I saw him at the HOD game and let me just say he's a LOT bigger and stronger than when he first arrived here. He's dominated the post season workout reports for a couple of years now. It would not surprise me to see him help us somewhere.

The way I read it it looks like Dunham was really just a no-show. Others with injuries were mentioned with the comment that they had injuries.

there has to be a reasonable explanation. I just can't believe Blake would skip out. He was practically raised on NT football.

there has to be a reasonable explanation. I just can't believe Blake would skip out. He was practically raised on NT football.

The way I read the other comments it looks like the sheet is meant to motivate them, or discipline them and get them to work on a certain issue. I would think if there was a valid excuse they wouldn't put that up there as they knew it could be viewed by the public. Might have been a sort of public shaming, it's not unreasonable to think a college kid just overslept.

• Upvote 1

I fear some are getting a bit too concerned about "no show". If I remember correctly we went through this last season too. A no show here or there and the public freakout began only to later learn that the no show(s) were either in class, at a doctors appointment, funeral etc. and had "permission" to not be there. Wintrich isn't going to waste time writing a story as to why a player wasn't around. These are simply quick-hit notes on the day.

Everyone Relax.

p.s. This isn't pointed at you Marty. Your quote was just the last on the thread so I grabbed it.

• Upvote 1

I fear some are getting a bit too concerned about "no show". If I remember correctly we went through this last season too. A no show here or there and the public freakout began only to later learn that the no show(s) were either in class, at a doctors appointment, funeral etc. and had "permission" to not be there. Wintrich isn't going to waste time writing a story as to why a player wasn't around. These are simply quick-hit notes on the day.

Everyone Relax.

p.s. This isn't pointed at you Marty. Your quote was just the last on the thread so I grabbed it.

Yeah, I looked at the thread on this same topic 2 years ago, and the same concerns were mentioned about such as Obi, Bellazin and others not being listed who obviously performed well, even brilliantly at times in the following years.

This probably needs a new thread but in talking about the add-ons let's also look at the deletes/not listed.

Peter Ashton DB

Brendan Campbell LB

Cam Feldt OL

Robert Lewis LB

Shawn McKinney OL

Trevor Melugin OL

Cody Nelson OL

Austin Orr DL

Jake Smith LB

I believe that Campbell and Lewis may have left last year. They said that there were 22 seniors and only listed 20. Jake Smith was a walk-on who faced long odds and I can understand his leaving. Ashton was a transfer from Oregon State who spent a lot of time on the sideline last year and who showed promise. Melugin played in the High School All-Star game and likewise spent time on the sideline last year. The other four were scholarship players including a full-time starter and a primary backup at center who made a couple of starts at guard due to injury. Orr was a letterman on the DL and Nelson a highly regarded redshirt.

I have no clue as to whether they have left the program or taking the spring semester off to catch up on academics. If the latter were the case would they not also have to do some kind of maintenance to keep in shape?

Lewis was my suite mate Freshman year, as well as a good friend and was there this year. He was just a backup. However he is graduating this Spring.

Looks like Syd Moore is doing great. If he can make an impact at d-tackle that would be very welcome, to say the least.

For those that are hoping we could somehow pull another impact d-tackle either as a high schooler who could play right away or a JUCO guys, it's looking like the chances of that are slim. But Moore could be that guy, coming from in house.

Looks like Syd Moore is doing great. If he can make an impact at d-tackle that would be very welcome, to say the least.

For those that are hoping we could somehow pull another impact d-tackle either as a high schooler who could play right away or a JUCO guys, it's looking like the chances of that are slim. But Moore could be that guy, coming from in house.

I noticed the same thing about Syd Moore. I heard it was taking him some time to buy in at the start of the season and he was having issues, but looking at the performance and the comments, look like he is working hard and wants some time at DT this season.

I was going to start a new thread about the performances results because you can read a lot into the grades and comments.

Everyone Relax.

Fair enough, I missed that thread. But in fairness, wouldn't it not take too much work to put something like "absent w/ permission" or "Doctor." Doesn't write out an entire story but it avoids confusion when it's being posted publicly and not just personal notes.

This probably needs a new thread but in talking about the add-ons let's also look at the deletes/not listed.

Peter Ashton DB

Brendan Campbell LB

Cam Feldt OL

Robert Lewis LB

Shawn McKinney OL

Trevor Melugin OL

Cody Nelson OL

Austin Orr DL

Jake Smith LB

I believe that Campbell and Lewis may have left last year. They said that there were 22 seniors and only listed 20. Jake Smith was a walk-on who faced long odds and I can understand his leaving. Ashton was a transfer from Oregon State who spent a lot of time on the sideline last year and who showed promise. Melugin played in the High School All-Star game and likewise spent time on the sideline last year. The other four were scholarship players including a full-time starter and a primary backup at center who made a couple of starts at guard due to injury. Orr was a letterman on the DL and Nelson a highly regarded redshirt.

I have no clue as to whether they have left the program or taking the spring semester off to catch up on academics. If the latter were the case would they not also have to do some kind of maintenance to keep in shape?

Austin Orr -surgery, probably out for Spring.