End of the Country Club in Austin

Baby Arm!

Changes are likely needed but to require a student to sit on first two rows... that is nuts... I hated first two rows .... I wanted to see most of the class and their reactions..... I understand maybe not the back one or two... but on the first two...?? .. crazy.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Downvote 4

Changes are likely needed but to require a student to sit on first two rows... that is nuts... I hated first two rows .... I wanted to see most of the class..... I understand maybe not the back one or two... but on the first two...?? .. crazy.

Makes them easy to find when they are checked in on and ensures that they have to pay attention or at least appear to.

Edited by forevereagle

Changes are likely needed but to require a student to sit on first two rows... that is nuts... I hated first two rows .... I wanted to see most of the class and their reactions..... I understand maybe not the back one or two... but on the first two...?? .. crazy.

There are tons of studies that show on average the grade distributions of all students, especially poor students, are higher when you sit closer to class than sit in the back. It is too easy to sit in the back and not feel accountable. It is much harder to goof off in the first two rows and much easier to get caught surfing the net or watching a movie on your laptop.

It is all about accountability. Up front you are more likely to be challenged by others that expect to do well in the course. At some point the students around you will force you to change both your attitudes and your perceptions of the course and learning overall. Combine that with a greater likelihood of interaction with your professor, which tends to lead to a greater individual student buyin into the course, and there really isn't a strong reason to not sit a close as possible.

I will make everyone who are sitting in the back in my class tonight move to the front if there are empty seats.. it is much better for you in the long run.

• Upvote 1

---Rarely do I see guys in the front row... I teach college classes.... I have "ran off" students from the back of class and had them move up ..but that is it... I think your statement is true in public school but have not really observed that in college classes other than perhaps the extreme back... I personally always like near middle to left of prof. if in traditional desks.... can sit somewhat sideways and can see what is going on in classroom and front better. If in lecture type seats... didn't matter .... just not first two rows or the back. Guess I :suffer" from "Hickok syndrome" if you know what that is. Still think it is a ridiculous requirement.. They are adults not bitsy kids plus in mega sized classes they may not have a choice of where to sit. ...assigned seating for roll taking purposes.. .. .

Wondering if the culture change will take place by first game of next season???

(side note: I like this Strong guy. He and Mac are cut from the same cloth)

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2014/1/14/5308182/culture-change-at-texas

Coach McCarney and Coach Strong are friends. They worked together at U of Florida.

Should we use that friendship to try for a future home game at an expanded Apogee versus the Texas Longhorns? You damn right we should. Why not, everyone else uses "who they know" in NCAA FBS scheduling. (You ever secure a very nice paying job because you knew someone at the new job who gave you the out of the park deal-making recommendation)?

10,000 additional Apogee seats X's 10,000 traveling UT fan's gate receipts would probably fund one or two of our non-revenue varsity sports teams for a year. Then schedule similar OOC teams with similar numbers of traveling fans every year at Apogee and you have "Your Main Reason" to make Apogee the size of what UH"s stadium will be. Should UH really have a larger stadium than North Texas? If some may think not, then some should quit saying how similar our schools are.

You get such OOC opponents (as UT) and then you'd get more of our HOD Bowl Mean Green crowd up to Denton and with those 35,000 MG fans only leaves 5K empty seats at Apogee. If we don't think forward similar to that then we will soon go back to our old ways. Anyone want to do that all over again?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 3

My god..... The comments on that story.... Wow. What a bunch of whiny entitled buttheads. Almost makes SMU d-bags seem normal by comparison. Note that I said "almost".

Hey Charlie, if you really wanna make a statement that the culture is gonna change at UT, give Danny Mac a call and turn our body bag game this next season into a home and home series.

Whatever they feel they need to do to be more competitive against us let em do it. Wondering how many kids will jump ship and transfer out.

this...

i don't think it would be an exaggeration to see 20 kids leave by one year from now... let's just hope they lose some depth before that first home game!