Can we raise money for a Scrappy redo?

shutter

Bring back the old, OLD Scrappy. I want the one from the fifties with a scowl on his face and tough the little scrappy looking body. Every Scrappy since him has been a pumped up cliche'. The old, old Scrappy is a real icon who sort of reminds me of the Kansas Jayhawk. Perhaps someone could put him up on this board. I don't know how. I am old too (and scrappy).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

New scrappy looks like the old scrappy got hooked on crack and is now starving and homeless.

Big head, little body, discarded blanket for clothing.

Whoever came up with this redo should have their style gene executed by firing squad.

Haven't laughed that hard at what you said since Dr. Keenum.

Dress it up a little, put it on a street corner on Mockingbird and I promise you we will never see it again.

Hobo fetishists?

Old Scrappy is not coming back. That costume was falling apart. It was really bad on the crown of the beak. Also, the material had thinned out do much on the beak that it looked like he'd been shot in the face with a shotgun when the light hit just right.

Also, I wouldn't look for a jersey on new Scrappy any time soon either. Do you remember the cartoon version that came out first? The one they use in marketing and is printed on some of the new youth shirts? https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/university-spirit-marks. No jersey.

Old Scrappy is not coming back. That costume was falling apart. It was really bad on the crown of the beak. Also, the material had thinned out do much on the beak that it looked like he'd been shot in the face with a shotgun when the light hit just right.

Also, I wouldn't look for a jersey on new Scrappy any time soon either. Do you remember the cartoon version that came out first? The one they use in marketing and is printed on some of the new youth shirts? https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/university-spirit-marks. No jersey.

The "standard" Scrappy image may explain the hideous eyebrows.

After RV mentioned on the podcast that there wasn't much budget for a new bowl game uni, I have to wonder if the HOD helmets were funded by the receipt of the refund demanded for whatever was paid to the producer of Naked E.L. Scrappy.

Even Scrappy's website is too ashamed to update... http://www.meangreensports.com/trads/scrappy.html#

you know those green mats that go under your Christmas tree? The one with one hole in the middle for the tree stand and the fake green grass?

It looks like new scrappy found one of those and stuck his awesomely large head through the hole meant for the tree stand.

Sideline Scrappy certainly doesn't have the pecks of cartoon Scrappy.... Also the cartoon has a white furrowed brow with darkened black eyes whereas the physical suit has dark eyebrows...... detail mistakes in my book

• Upvote 2

How much could a new mascot uniform cost? $5000? I bet this board could raise that.

Do anyone know how much a brand new Scrappy would cost? Or who we could ask.

You really think so? So far all the talk has resulted in one $50 pledge.

We have raised $5000 before, and we regularly raised $2000 for the Dickey football camps. I guess some of the newer members weren't around for that.

Funny...somehow I thought we were discussing this thread, but ancient history is fun too I guess. Thanks for the input.

Still sitting at a grand total of $50. What you in for?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3