It's going to be fun.

From day one, against UNT, I have a feeling we're going to come out and hit people in the mouth. I don't know what our 2014 record will be and I honestly could not care less. If we're hitting hard and tackling well, it shows that we've changed at a fundamental level.

If we do that, the wins will come. With wins come championships.

Don't lose heart if things (from a win-loss perspective) don't change overnight, but know that, yes, it will be fun.

read more: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/141055-Wait-so-Texas-Football-is-gonna-be-fun-again

Seems to me that our players know how to hit you in the mouth, too. Only difference will be the referees at the game in Austin. You ain't suppose to win there and the 'horns are protected. Don't believe me? Take a look at the North Texas vs. Texas '88 game tape.

• Upvote 3

"Buying tickets and will attend home games for the first time since 2011. Will be at the Texas/ousux game in good seats too. Donation will be on the way. I'm all in with Coach Strong."

The dude jumped from the bandwagon and QUIT going to games altogether just a year after they played in the National title game?!

I predict this guy will be back off the Strong wagon by mid-season, this year.

If there's a year to put UT away, this is it. Maybe as Coach Strong weeds out the team, it'll whittle away the skill of the team until better players come into fill the gaps. Yeah, beating UT next season means likely beating a weakened team, but if UT is as good as their fans think they are, they should win.

I fully expect the team go out there and beat on UT from the first kickoff to the last whistle. I might even expect a win if I hear about UT players jumping ship or not jelling into Strong's system.

I think if there was a good time for us to play them, it would've been the beginning of this year when the "country club" atmosphere was in full effect. Don't get me wrong, I think we will put up a good fight and I hope for the best but I think Charlie Strong is exactly the kick in the ass those players down there need. And that really sucks because I hate the longhorns more than any other program in the country. My dad and brother graduated from Tech and mom and sister from UNT so I have always hated the folks in burnt orange. I just wish they would've done something stupid like hire Gruden.

If there's a year to put UT away, this is it. Maybe as Coach Strong weeds out the team, it'll whittle away the skill of the team until better players come into fill the gaps. Yeah, beating UT next season means likely beating a weakened team, but if UT is as good as their fans think they are, they should win.

I fully expect the team go out there and beat on UT from the first kickoff to the last whistle. I might even expect a win if I hear about UT players jumping ship or not jelling into Strong's system.

Careful using the term "weeds out", many UT players resemble that remark.

"Buying tickets and will attend home games for the first time since 2011. Will be at the Texas/ousux game in good seats too. Donation will be on the way. I'm all in with Coach Strong."

The dude jumped from the bandwagon and QUIT going to games altogether just a year after they played in the National title game?!

I predict this guy will be back off the Strong wagon by mid-season, this year.

Buncha weenies, I tell ya.