HOD BOWL Ticket Sales Update

UNTeagle88

Plummer, let's not forget where all those New Orleans Bowl "UNT" fans traveled to. Yes, New Orleans! Destination city.

HOD is in Dallas. Great city, for sure, but not New Orleans.

Still, I think we'll have a nice contingent of UNT fans at the HOD Bowl. More than New Orlens.

This will all boil down to who wants to come out and support their school's football team at the historic Cotton Bowl on New Years Day. A New Years Day bowl game seems to have gotten much of our fans undivided attention adding to the a festive bowl environment.

Your are right, Dallas cannot compete with the Big Easy as a destination city, but I think Big D's locality to where most North Texas alums, students and fans live will more than make up for an all night drunk on Bourbon Street. Just my .02.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Yeah old man,you never had any wild nights of going on crazy internet tangents on message boards as a youth? Get with the times.

Ya, but back then I had to scavenge to find the fermented berries, gobble them down, then find a smooth stone, carve the message, and throw it at the other party.

Kinda a buzz kill.

• Upvote 3

I've never seen so many people so pissed off over going to a bowl game.

This. Right. Here.

I'm all for pre-game discussion of how attendance/ticket sales are looking in case it does motivate others to attend or drag more to the game, but I know one thing for sure...

I feel bad for the ones on the board whose enjoyment of the game itself will be robbed as they look around frustrated if attendance doesn't meet their standard.

Bowls need to become more regional. It makes little sense for a school from Minnesota and a school from New York to be playing in a 70k seat stadium in Houston.

As a side note, in Houston they are advertising that game like crazy on TV. Hopefully HOD is doing the same up there.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 2