HOD BOWL Ticket Sales Update

UNTeagle88

There were 10K several days ago...we haven't sold a ticket since? :)

This:

92,000 seat stadium ='s no sense of urgency to buy tickets early.

No Big 10 or P5 opponent per the HOD Bowls original contract or agreement means we need to sell even more tickets to make up for that fan shortage. (Pardon me while I say a few expletives).

City of Dallas supposedly has already sold 5,000 tickets from another source. (Dallas area charity recipients of some of the gate receipts probably influenced those).

Walk Up Ticket Sales will (still) be when many UNT students, alums and Mean Green fans buy their tickets. Can you really blame them? Many of us on GMG.com already have purchased ours but that is just the kind of thing we would do, now isn't it? :)

:bling: Considering that North Texas is not getting the same P5 traveling fan's percs that the last 3 HOD Bowl host teams had...........we are still going to be just fine as many of you have said, but we will all have to wait till all ticket sales are in right before the kick-off to see what we have.

GMG!

:thumbsu: PS: Ain't having a winning Mean Green football program so much better than what we've had? Good stuff just keeps on happening because of it, too.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I spoke with Reginald Johnson today (Associate Athletic Director), he said that there were 10,000 tickets sold so far... To be honest, I am not sure if that is good or bad at this point...

Good. That's a full allotment. I expect them to sell most of another allotment. Great for futures bowl endeavors. Many schools don't sell their allotments.

Edited by meangreener

The heart of dallas bowl's ticket selector shows sections 19 through 28 on the UNT side unavailable - and those sections account for approximately 15k tickets. Mid-week, UNT also appears to have acquired another ticket block on the upper deck with about 2-3k seats. I don't think they would have taken another block up top if the lowers were still open. Maybe the band/football families/friends/etc/student tickets account for 5k?

• Upvote 1

The heart of dallas bowl's ticket selector shows sections 19 through 28 on the UNT side unavailable - and those sections account for approximately 15k tickets. Mid-week, UNT also appears to have acquired another ticket block on the upper deck with about 2-3k seats. I don't think they would have taken another block up top if the lowers were still open. Maybe the band/football families/friends/etc/student tickets account for 5k?

From a post a few days ago...

I ran into a Green Brigade member and her father out here at the Hudson Oaks Walmart the other night. I had a Mean Green shirt on (she did to) and so I started talking to her and her father.

Long story short....the Green Brigade member's father told me that he & wife had 6 others who would be at the Cotton Bowl with them and 5 of those 6 would be watching the Mean Green for the first time ever. Who knows....maybe we will have many of these kind of newbie Mean Green fans. (I didn't ask him but I'd bet they were all relatives,ie, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

According to this article about ticket sales to the New Mexico Bowl, we're doing OK..

"As of 5 p.m. Thursday, Colorado State University had distributed 5,005 tickets to Saturday’s bowl game against Washington State, Rams’ senior associate athletic director Jason Layton said. That’s more than a 1,000-ticket jump from a week ago.
CSU is now ahead of Washington State, which had distributed 4,570 tickets by 4:30 p.m. Thursday, a school spokesman said."
True, we have a proximity advantage but at least it provides a little comparison data.

UNLV played 7 home games with total attendance of a little over 120,000. Of that,27,000 was at Arizona game,,and 23,000 was for the Hawaii game.Back those 2 out, and they only averaged 14,000+ for 5 remaining home games.Botttom Line:I don't know what the HOD's attendance expectations are, as the burden is on us and separate HOD sales,and basically nothing from UNLV. Might get lonely in a 93,000 seat stadium.

I agree. Too bad we have sucked for pretty much forever and driven away 200K alumni.

And from those 200,000 plus DFW area UNT alums all we need is 10,000 (ten thousand) from that group to have SRO, ie, standing-room-only at Apogee Stadium every Game Day.as I look at this Falls per game turnstiles average.

We even have a school enrollment of almost 37,000, Denton at 120,000 population along with Denton County at approx. 700,000 to help us get those 10,000. WWUTSAD to get those 10K other than say..........."piece of cake?"

Yet no school gets all their alums on board.....not even all our fellow Texas-based universities along with all their Walmart T-shirted would-be alums.

If UNT had only sold a similar number of football season tickets this Fall that 2 of C-USA's newest members that would have provided a nice base of fans (and early bowl ticket sales) as to where there would not be near the concerns for what our attendance will eventually be on New Years Day. Even w/o a P5 foe that HOD officials were supposed to have produced as our opponent along with all those P5 school's traveling fans I believe UNT will still be fine on Game Day if all falls in place that I think will fall in place. I mean what would adding 15K Big 10 school traveling fans have done for our total bowl attendance if we would have been so lucky this time around?

All this is hardly rocket scientist, folks. You have to have an effective sales & marketing staff in almost every kind of business there is in the USA (who are a success) if you want to separate yourself from the rest who don't and who are not, and in the NCAA especially with all the respective school's accountants and budget-planners.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We should drop to FCS if we don't sell 20k+. Frankly less than 25k fans will be disappointing. I have faith that there will be 25k+ green in attendance.

It's a home bowl game for Pete's sake. The opponent should not impact the levels I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early n the morning!

Edited by EagleD
  • Upvote 1

I already have four tickets on the 40 yd line

in section 5 that my eife bought me for Christmas

thru the HOD Bowl website, and when I checked

they have been selling pretty good on that site

Also, so I think we will have a better crowd

Than a lot on this site think.

I'm sure the HOD has a lot of corporate sponsorships that buy tickets before matchup a are even announced, which is a very good thing.

I'm sure announced attendance will at least be in the mid to high 30s, but what will butts in seats be? That is the big question.

We should drop to FCS if we don't sell 20k+. Frankly less than 25k fans will be disappointing. I have faith that there will be 25k+ green in attendance.

It's a home bowl game for Pete's sake. The opponent should not impact the levels I am talking about.

Through the ticket office? I feel like the athletic dept gets the allotment and waits for people to come buy through them. It's not specifically clear to everyone outside of the athletic department and this board that the way unt gets credit for the sale is to buy through the athletic department. There are multiple outlets for buying tickets to this game. We will have at least 20k UNT fans there, but those won't all come through the athletic department and they won't all cost $75 a ticket, nor should they. In fact, the athletic department may even have the deck stacked against its allotment in a game such as this if they didn't have the 50 yd line sections to sell. There are cheaper tickets through other outlets, and there isn't a giant push to people outside of the mgc, alumni assoc., and this board to get people to buy from the school.
  • Upvote 1

North Texas has already sold 10,000 with its 1'st allotment and are now on the 2'nd allotment; the city of Dallas has sold 5,000 (as reported last week----not near what Fort Worth has sold to the locals for their bowl game but it is what it is) so what some are saying now is we don't sell but another 1,000 tickets between today and New Years Day to reach 16,000? I don't think so.

NOTE....Warning: Don't read this next sentence meangreener & MG61! :) BUT..........you say some things over and over till it sinks in to the few who need to be reminded and a few newbie posters but..................... we traveled 17,000 Mean Green fans to a U.S. major city 8-9 hours away from DFW last decade. Has all of that group bitten the big one and we won't see any of em' at a DFW bowl game on New Years Day? Case closed (and insert major expletives).

Must be an especially good blend of tobacco a few seem to be smokin'.here.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Through the ticket office? I feel like the athletic dept gets the allotment and waits for people to come buy through them. It's not specifically clear to everyone outside of the athletic department and this board that the way unt gets credit for the sale is to buy through the athletic department. There are multiple outlets for buying tickets to this game. We will have at least 20k UNT fans there, but those won't all come through the athletic department and they won't all cost $75 a ticket, nor should they. In fact, the athletic department may even have the deck stacked against its allotment in a game such as this if they didn't have the 50 yd line sections to sell. There are cheaper tickets through other outlets, and there isn't a giant push to people outside of the mgc, alumni assoc., and this board to get people to buy from the school.

I don't care where they are sold. I believe we have met our obligation, so at this point I don't know that it matters a ton where they are sold.

I am talking about after the bowl game when they start assessing how many green meanies showed up. It will be somewhat of a guesstimate since tickets can be purchased through a variety of sources, but a number will be determined by the time all is said and done.