UNLV reportedly heading to Heart of Dallas Bowl on Jan. 1

Harry

UNLV will play North Texas in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on Jan. 1, a source confirmed Sunday morning. North Texas has officially announced its appearance in the game, and the Rebels are waiting until after the BCS announcement show tonight at 5:30 p.m.

The game is played at the Cotton Bowl and kicks off at 11 a.m. New Year’s Day on ESPNU.

Bowl scenarios for the Mountain West’s seven eligible teams, especially the bottom five, have been fluctuating all week. Fresno State won the inaugural Mountain West Championship Game on Saturday night and accepted a bid to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl.

Read more: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/dec/08/unlv-football-bowl-bid/

I don't care who we play. Just man up and quite crying about it. For all that is holy. We're in a bowl game for God's sakes. Just be there. The team needs to show up. We have to show up. Win and then maybe we'll earn some respect. Or maybe others were too afraid to lose to us. Whatever the reason just get your ass in a seat and quite your bitching.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I don't care who we play. Just man up and quite crying about for all that is holy. We're in a bowl game for God's sakes. Just be there. The team needs to show up. We need to win and have fans show up then, maybe we'll earn some respect. Or maybe others were too afraid to lose to us. Whatever the reason just get your ass in a seat and quite your bitching.

Convinced me to show up :-\

If people are unhappy about having to play UNLV instead of a BIG 10, ACC, or any other team, then that is their right. It amazes me how some on this board choose to attack or belittle the opinions of other North Texas fans just because they feel differently. People can bitch if they want to.

Those of you that are glad we are playing the 4th best team in the MWC West, over one from the BIG 10, ACC, or any other conference, are welcomed to that opinion. I don't share it. -1 me all you like. Wit, sarcasm, and sugar coating won't change how some of us feel about having to look across the field on New Years Day and see UNLV.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

If people are unhappy about having to play UNLV instead of a BIG 10, ACC, or any other team, then that is their right. It amazes me how some on this board choose to attack or belittle the opinions of other North Texas fans just because they feel differently. People can bitch if they want to.

Those of you that are glad we are playing the 4th best team in the MWC West, over one from the BIG 10, ACC, or any other conference, are welcomed to that opinion. I don't share it. -1 me all you like. Wit, sarcasm, and sugar coating won't change how some of us feel about having to look across the field on New Years Day and see UNLV.

I'll look down on the field and see North Texas.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

In fairness, what would you want us to do about it? Refuse the invite, a la La Tech, because it's not our ideal opponent?

• Upvote 2

There have already been several "who do you want to play?" threads. This isn't about our preference, we're playing in a New Year's Day bowl game in Dallas.......just quit being a kill-joy.

• Downvote 1

Hard to disagree with you, since beating an AQ school would had been more eye opening to recruits and people in general, but I'm happy regardless. I haven't been in the Cotton Bowl in years and it's gonna be fun. UNLV is going to be a tough challenge from a defensive point of view. They can score some points.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone happy with this opponent? NT has little if anything they can do about who the bowl pairs them with, but really a 7-5 team MWC team that I doubt brings a 1000 fans.

Yes, you can boo and hiss; but I don't understand this match up at all.

Yes, the opponents local fandom is certainly something to consider, and a Big 10 or ACC school would had brought a nice crowd. Oh well.

• Upvote 1