Denton Ryan Trio

Cooley

Ok, I hung out at AT&T Stadium this past Saturday for high school playoffs instead of Apogee. Thought the Mean Green would handle the Roadrunners from San Antonio. Damn, I was wrong.

Anyway, was treated to 2 impressive 2nd half comebacks. Denton Ryan and DeSoto. I know these names have been mentioned here before but where do we stand with 6-1' 280 DT JT Williams, 6-3' 240 Sekou Clark and 6-2' 225 RB Tyron Williams? Don't see any of the 3 as major prospects but good contributors on a CUSA team. For whatever reason, Clark didn't come in game until the 3rd quarter but was very impressive rushing the passer. Tyron Williams looks like Adrian Peterson but run s like Brandin Byrd. J.T. Williams looks like he could play as true freshman .

UNT commit Johnathan Graham is moving around much better but I don't see him playing anytime soon. Nick Orr dressed out for the first time since his injury about 4-5 games ago but didn't play.

I have now seen Timberview 3 times (DeSoto, Cedar Hill & Trinity) . Can someone remind me why we offered Brandon Garner?

I was hoping that you could tell us something about J T Williams. He has publicly stated that he would not make a decision until after the playoffs, however. As far as we know we are still in the running but I'm afraid that he's like most of the Ryan Raiders and wants to leave town.

I'm pretty sure that Clark hasn't been offered. Not sure why. I saw somewhere in a blog that UTSA was interested.

Likewise, I've seen nothing on T. Williams. I think that if we take a running back it will be one with speed rather than power.

Brandon Garner has fooled ESPN and the 247 composite (who rated him a 3-star player) and Purdue and North Texas coaching staffs, where he originally committed and later changed to, respectively. Maybe he's saving himself for college ball. An injury could hurt his career, especially if it's before he signs.

The DT Williams is "feeling Missouri" according to scout. I don't think we're going to land him if he indeed has an offer from Mizzou which is where his brother plays. I have no idea about Sekou Clark but I would guess he had a strong showing at a couple of camps and given the pedigree of defensive lineman from Ryan the recruiting sites probably expected him to get some BCS offers which is why he is a 3* on ESPN. I don't think the issue is grades as ESPN shows him with an offer from Tulane at one point or another.

• Upvote 1

Tyrone Williams has been wearing a UNT wrist band while playing for the past few months, FWIW.

DRC_RyanVsMcKinney4.jpg

That's the kind of kid we want! Not sure if he has a connection to NT other than potentially playing for us, but I live when we can get hometown kids who want to play for the hometown team. The soccer team had 4 ladies from Denton Guyer on the team this year.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So J.T. Williams will announce on signing day where he will sign on signing day. UNT in the mix.

Are you sure about that? I just saw this posted by A Good Caws:

Williams’ final three offers include Houston Baptist, Southern Miss and UMass. Southern Miss offered Williams yesterday. The Ryan senior also has offers from Eastern Illinois, Abilene Christian and Northwestern State.

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/2014/02/ryan-recruiting-notes-ryans-j-t-williams-to-make-decision-tomorrow.html/

• Upvote 1