OK the RowdyTalk.com Wager is set!

Harry

As many of you know, we started a wager with the UTSA Fans over at RowdyTalk and I made a plea for volunteers to participate in this honorable endeavor. I now want every man who is determined to stay here and win this against a new Texas rival in C-USA with me to come across this line. I said Who will be the rst?

We have one twenty one brave men, who are determined never to retreat. We have but little provisions, but enough to serve us till Coach Skladany and the defense arrives. We deem it unnecessary to repeat to a brave officer, who knows his duty, that we call on him for assistance. Here is the listing of the 21 Brave Mean Green Fans who have risked everything that is decent in this world to participate in this dual against the armies of Santa Annatonio in defense of our beloved Apogee:

UNT90

All About UNT

GreenP1

NT03

Censored by Laurie

UNTLifer

emmitt

MeanGreenTexan

KRAM

CMJ

oldguystudent

Rudy

Christopher Walker

meangreener

UNTFan23

greenbat

meangreenfan

pastorgrant

aztecskin

CougarQueen

TheFranchise

ChristopherRyanWilkes

Thank you to all of you, who bravely stepped forward (or perhaps didn't even know you were in this wager) -- for your courage!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Runner fans already owe us after a Mean Green alumn notified officials in Dallas and San Antonio that Time Warner was dropping the ball on advertising this game, and instead as of 11 a.m. this morning, was still showing a high school football game in the same time slot instead.

The error was then pointed out to Time Warner by C-USA and UTSA officials and the game will now be advertised to be televised in the San Antonio region on Ch 323.

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=315549&SPID=34919&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209319281&DB_OEM_ID=13100

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Runner fans already owe us after a Mean Green alumn notified officials in Dallas and San Antonio that Time Warner was dropping the ball on advertising this game, and instead as of 11 a.m. this morning, was still showing a high school football game in the same time slot instead.

The error was then pointed out to Time Warner by C-USA and UTSA officials and the will now be advertised and televised in the San Antonio region on Ch 323.http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=315549&SPID=34919&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209319281&DB_OEM_ID=13100

Rick

Well that was pretty cool. shout out to the mean green fan that notified them!

Well that was pretty cool. shout out to the mean green fan that notified them!

That would be Green Cavity of the M&G board btw.

Question... Was this also why the UTEP game was being televised..(cameras in Apogee,...TV production etc...) but wasn't shown anywhere or didnt show up on a guide search?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not a rivalry.

And the day it is, we will OFFICIALLY be left behind in the college football world. Because we will have been permanently joined at the hip with another start up.

We should have gone to the Southland if we we wanted rivalries like this.

I thought we invested a bunch of money into our program to move up not move back.

Honestly, I don't hate UTSA. Good for them. They've done an amazing job in a short period of time.

But I sure as hell don't want to be seen as their equal. I'm not talking about ME seeing us as equal. I'm talking about the outside college football world. And anyone that wants UNT to be seen as their equal (or rival) wants us to stay right where we are. Remember, we have a perception issue we have to address. Being rivals with a 3rd year startup does nothing to address our perception. Like it or not.

UTSA will be sitting still for years while they get their facilities up to D1 standards and in the meantime, their attendance will dwindle as the newness wears off. Their recruiting will suffer too. Yeah I've seen their pictures of "what's to come." How many years did we have those same pictures to show recruits? How many years do a lot of programs have those same pictures. Been there done that. (See UTSA....most programs that invest in their programs know it takes time....you'll see) What a colossal mistake it was for CUSA to admit them and next year CUSA will be a bigger joke than it is now with another start up coming in. Regardless of their record on the field this year.

WE need to follow the TCU path and worry about UNT, our place in the college football world, don't worry about "kickass" road trips and keep winning.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And the day it is, we will OFFICIALLY be left behind in the college football world. Because we will have been permanently joined at the hip with another start up.

We should have gone to the Southland if we we wanted rivalries like this.

I thought we invested a bunch of money into our program to move up not move back.

Honestly, I don't hate UTSA. Good for them. They've done an amazing job in a short period of time.

But I sure as hell don't want to be seen as their equal. I'm not talking about ME seeing us as equal. I'm talking about the outside college football world. And anyone that wants UNT to be seen as their equal (or rival) wants us to stay right where we are. Remember, we have a perception issue we have to address. Being rivals with a 3rd year startup does nothing to address our perception. Like it or not.

UTSA will be sitting still for years while they get their facilities up to D1 standards and in the meantime, their attendance will dwindle as the newness wears off. Their recruiting will suffer too. Yeah I've seen their pictures of "what's to come." How many years did we have those same pictures to show recruits? How many years do a lot of programs have those same pictures. Been there done that. (See UTSA....most programs that invest in their programs know it takes time....you'll see) What a colossal mistake it was for CUSA to admit them and next year CUSA will be a bigger joke than it is now with another start up coming in. Regardless of their record on the field this year.

WE need to follow the TCU path and worry about UNT, our place in the college football world, don't worry about "kickass" road trips and keep winning.

Very well said.

The exact reason I will not participate in any bet with their fan add and hope to God that no "special" trophy is linked to this game.

I'd rather play LaMo for a trophy every year than this start up, to tell you the truth.

• Downvote 1

Already explained in another thread.

Pay attention. Or don't. I don't really care.

You care so much it is not even funny. Literally, every post by you the past two weeks has been a backhand at UTSA. If you truly did not care, you would not waste forum space spewing your "lack of respect" for UTSA.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 5

My question is this, TheColonyEagle and UNT90: What will it mean to you guys if UNT loses tomorrow?

It will mean our coaches didn't have the team prepared and we let an inferior opponent come into our house and beat us. (inferior by outsiders views, no one predicting UTSA to win, Vegas with a more than TD point spread)

So yes.....I will be devistated if we lose this game. I want to win the conference. I don't care who we beat.

We're 5-1, need to keep winning to win conference. So it doesn't matter if we play UTSA, UTEP, Ula Monroe, Ark St or Idaho.....we have to win Saturday period.

If we win.....we will have done what is expected.

If we lose, than obviously we're not ready to take the next step.

But I think we are.

I worry sometimes at the level of confidence our friends like Colony and UNT90 have about this game. I mean just last night UAB damn near beat a good Rice squad and took them to overtime. I wish I could be as optimistic as some are about this game. I am optimistic we will win, but not to the levels of some on here for sure. This seems like a classic trap game to me.