Armistice

Rudy

Wow do you think Urban Dictionary has UNT pegged correctly? Last line made me laugh.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=University%20of%20North%20Texas

Yea dude, this weekend i hung with my bro up at University of North Texas and after we went to the arts and jazz festival

To begin, the Denton Jazzfest is a pretty righteous event. It's free admission, allows BYOB and bring your own food, but also sells booze and food in case you forgot or are too stoned/drunk to notice the beer store located conveniently across the street. This past year featured David Sanborn and The Blues Brothers Band. It was a LOT of fun, and there was a LOT of middle aged talent hanging around for my aging eyes to consume. Also featured was the UNT mariachi band, which I know you'd love.

we smoked some shrooms

I am really, really afraid to see what would happen if somebody smoked shrooms. Everybody knows you order a couple slices of J&J's and throw those fungal bad boys on top for a tasty, trippy meal.

and rolled around on the courthouse lawn.

That activity is generally reserved for the amateur musicians plying their trade to anyone who will listen on Sunday afternoon.

an overpopulation of hippies/hipsters.

I tend to agree with this, but I appreciate that people who live in Denton can tat themselves up and grow beards that make ZZ Top look like the poster children for military buzzcuts, and still make a living. Everybody should aspire to be so free.

Edited by oldguystudent

Its often common in dictionaries that the first definition is usually the most relevant. This seems to be the case for the Urban Dictionary and #1 will work for now

"You go to UTSA? Our team is about to get wrecked by you guys"

Very convenient for you. Urban Dictionary is a very valid source of information. I bet it's widely used in bibliographies all over UTSA. Thank you for sharing information from your institution of higher education.
  • Upvote 1

It’s often common in dictionaries that the first definition is usually the most relevant. This seems to be the case for the Urban Dictionary and #1 will work for now

"You go to UTSA? Our team is about to get wrecked by you guys"

I thought that was referring to something else. You guys did, after all, teabag someone last year.