Very Early, Very Preliminary Game Day Weather For UTSA

MeanGreenWithEnvy

Never miss it.

If you're staying over night, check out Kolache Haven in Denton on Sunday morning. They open at 7am. I'm particularly partial to the venison sausage kolache.

If you've got the kids with you, and you happen to be leaving a bit later in the morning, be sure to check out their sister company in the same building, Candy Haven. Their main bread and butter is custom wedding cakes, but brother, do they have some damn fine chocolates for sale. They open at 10am on Sunday.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

I love this: tonight it shows a low of 44, yet in the description it says lows in the mid 30's....Saturday it shows a high of 44 yet in the description it says high 30's....so which one do you go with? Either way, it will cold out there, but no big deal.

I love this: tonight it shows a low of 44, yet in the description it says lows in the mid 30's....Saturday it shows a high of 44 yet in the description it says high 30's....so which one do you go with? Either way, it will cold out there, but no big deal.

The high for Saturday will probably occur at midnight. Depending on the timing of the front it may already be in the 30s by midnight so that could explain the Friday discrepancy. The description for Saturday likely refers to tw fterboom temperature since that's what many people think of for high temperature.

I fear attendace similar to the MTSU game two years ago. The only people that are going to be there are those of us on the board, a few hundred students and some player families.

I, too, fear this. But I believe that we won't be seeing turnouts like that anymore in the near future. Our momentum has to count for something.

The high for Saturday will probably occur at midnight. Depending on the timing of the front it may already be in the 30s by midnight so that could explain the Friday discrepancy. The description for Saturday likely refers to tw fterboom temperature since that's what many people think of for high temperature.

Ah, that makes sense. I forget the high can be at midnight.

How has this service done in comparison to the local TV weather services.

NOAA is where all Aviation weather is sourced, and most all other private weather sources base their information on. Some of the private sources just have their own adapted models. It is the most accurate for forecasting as far as my experience has been. Real time I use radarscope app on the Iphone it is a couple minutes off at most and if more up to date than most TV stations, I have an app that also reports all the temp and weather from airports and air traffic in those areas. Typical stuff you would get in a flight briefing.

Here's the NOAA forecast for Denton: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Denton&state=TX&site=FWD&lat=33.2142&lon=-97.1309#.Uo56j1RDsnY

I trust in NOAA and WFAA for local weather above all others.

When I started this thread, I wrote that we ought to check back on the forecast on Thursday. Yep, going to be colder than forecast earlier in the week. The Arctic air that's headed our way has moved a lot quicker than anticipated, so instead of transitioning from warmer to cooler as thought earlier in the week, now it's looking like we'll have the legit cold air on us Saturday.