Defining Game to this point...?

BIG DAWG

I'm going a different way and say Tulane. This is the game where they learned nothing but the best will do. Since then they have been playing solid in all three phases. That's the game that changed this season. There seemed to be a total different focus after that. I think that was the defining game. Coming back from a huge disappointment.

So your saying this season was defined by a loss? Maybe Tulane game was the turning point but not the defining game.

Its my understanding this is where the team really came together and the team leaders did not ask for better but demanded better.

We have not lost since, seems pretty defining to me.

Its my understanding this is where the team really came together and the team leaders did not ask for better but demanded better.

King, I think you make a very good point, and considering that turnaround makes me feel better about our next game following extended time off, that maybe we've learned our lesson and won't be so flat as we were against Tulane.

Edited by eulessismore

Rice! That game was great for us. They were on a roll and we took it to them. I was freaking the hell out during the "Stand"! The Ball St game was also impressive. Especially, with the way they have played the rest of the season.

1) Rice

2) Ball St

3) Multiple road wins in a row!

Good lord this has been a great season and I hope it keeps going that way. KNOCK ON WOOD (which I did)!

Edited by North Texas Shep

Which is why my choice is MTSU. A game that this team would have lost in previous years, yet they came out and literally pounded MTSU into submission.

Huge win.

I agree turning point was Tulane so the MTSU becomes your defining game.

I feel like Tulane was the turning point and MTSU was the confirmation that a turning point had occurred. I personally think Rice was the defining game though. Between the punt return, the jerseys, the stage, and the stand we showed that we were ready to take the next step that we have been building up for all year and ever since Mac has been here.

I don't think there was just ONE defining game for us. It seems as if a number of games this year have, in some way, been a defining game for the program.

1) Ball St: Down 20-3, we have a second half comeback that really defines this defense, and the offense shows what it can do. We come in to the game at 1-1, a loss gives us the dreaded early season losing record, going in to face #9 Georgia, where we would then become 1-3. Season most likely over

2) Georgia: It was a close game well into the 3rd Quarter before Georgia pulled away. Georgia fans had a "WTF?!" look on their faces. Georgia's stud running back was obviously feeling the hits from our defense and you could see it in his face. We turn some heads of fans around the nation, and start to garner some attention.

3) Tulane: The coaches and players see what a lack of game planning will do. Despite a terrible first half, a pick 6, and a field goal block/return for a TD, we still almost get the win, losing on a field goal as time expires.

4) Middle Tennessee: A familiar rival, trap game for the team and fans, with a storm about an hour before kickoff.. Sitting at 2-3, a loss is probably church for the season.

5) Rice: National TV audience, against an in state rival, competing for the same recruits, and tied for the divion lead.

I'd list them as Ball St, Rice, Tulane, Georgia, and Middle TN

The Rice game was played on a week night. UNT had a big stage, in front of a national audience, with a very good Rice team and a chance to contend for the title. Think of how different the season would have looked if we had beaten Tulane and lost to Rice.

UNT could have taken one loss to any other CUSA team, but not to Rice.

Lose the Rice game and the title goes out the window.

The team learned and grew throughout the year, still is growing. But, the biggest defining game will be the conference championship game. By the way, I guess I think after all the loses any wins are defining. We were picked to win most of the games above. But,with just conference championship games going on in DEC., we will have a national forum that will make people notice. Therefore in most eyes, that game will be the most defining game of the YEAR.

Remember,new conference bringing in sunbelt weaklings. The championship was going to go down to the marshal- ecu maybe rice game. People will take notice of that win nationally while making the biggest defining game to the seniors & most of us and our conference doubters of the weak teams that were coming into the fold.

Recruiting- we continue to get more commits as we win. Just dreaming of the Dec players giving us the OK after the two wins in games next month.

Press coverage- just think about a sunbelt team ( UNT ) coming into the CUSA & taking all the marbles the first year! What a great story line w/ McCoy, the SR's, team, rebuilding after a hs coach is hired etc.

So I am putting my trust in OUR team to win out & push the rock down someones throat in Dec., then on to the bowl!

GMG

• Upvote 1