Some Central Track love

UNTP1

Very nice! They really, really need to get rid of the left to right navigation that they've had for a while.

They went to a norma orientation for a while about four months in from launching, then reverted back saying naw, this is our thing.

As much as the guy who leads Central Track gives me the slimiest of feelings with his awful bro-sy writing, I will certainly take this publicity.

They went to a norma orientation for a while about four months in from launching, then reverted back saying naw, this is our thing.

As much as the guy who leads Central Track gives me the slimiest of feelings with his awful bro-sy writing, I will certainly take this publicity.

I know some of the guys there and get what you are saying about the bro thing. However, the publicity is great! So good to get love wherever we can.

What is Central Track? Not trying to be rude or anything, I genuinely don't know what it is or why it has a reputation here.

It's a culture site covering Dallas founded by a former Music Editor for the Dallas Observer. It has some good points, some bad, but they generally steer towards giving backhanded compliments to most things Denton except UNT Athletics.

They stole the name and rational behind it from Central Trak, a popular art gallery/exhibit space from UT-Dallas, even going as far as sniping out their website names and gearing any SEO towards them. Pretty lame.

Oh, and then there's the horizontal layout.

It's a culture site covering Dallas founded by a former Music Editor for the Dallas Observer. It has some good points, some bad, but they generally steer towards giving backhanded compliments to most things Denton except UNT Athletics.

They stole the name and rational behind it from Central Trak, a popular art gallery/exhibit space from UT-Dallas, even going as far as sniping out their website names and gearing any SEO towards them. Pretty lame.

Oh, and then there's the horizontal layout.

All they did was bitch about 35 Denton last year. Was frustrating.

Meh. Central Track. They're all that's wrong with Dallas. Including the layout.

Corby-like hyperbole from a supporter of all things Houston... (because they've got it figured out for sure)

I'd say there are quite a few issues ahead of the somewhat spare and probably largely unknown, by the masses, website being discussed.

All they did was bitch about 35 Denton last year. Was frustrating.

Oh, my bad, that totally earns them the title of "all that's wrong with Dallas". Carry on Dillon

Edited by UNTP1

It's like a mobile site.. except for - it isn't. mobile.

That side-swipe would be cool on a mobile device. But it's a lot like the Windows 8 tile interface in that it ONLY really makes sense with a touch panel. Plus, depending on your window size and browser, it might not render up properly and it'll put articles under the bars.

I kinda like the idea, but it doesn't translate to user-friendly.

Corby-like hyperbole from a supporter of all things Houston... (because they've got it figured out for sure)

I'd say there are quite a few issues ahead of the somewhat spare and probably largely unknown, by the masses, website being discussed.

Oh, my bad, that totally earns them the title of "all that's wrong with Dallas". Carry on Dillon

You're the only person I've ever met who defends central track. Ever.

Actually,the Central Track UNT Homecoming pics were posted on that "other" message board and even on that "other" new (not that new) message board by the Lone Ranger (a dad joke of sorts).

http://mbd.scout.com...px?s=353&f=1260

Scout Forums ='s HS recruits who read their Scout bios and then read NCAA FBS schools Scout message boards such as...Inside North Texas?

Harry, myself and a couple others were trying to keep the Scout board updated since many HS recruits-to-be read it and "Inside North Texas" had been dormant for so long. I didn't think that bode well for our school for readers to go on that Scout board and see a MG ghost town (so to speak).

Even after posting a few "up-to-date" MG news the last week or so it became obvious that many Scout readers, ie, probably non-UNT affiliated (and possibly a few potential HS recruits as well?) seem to be checking out the "Inside North Texas" message board just looking at the views box. Myself and couple others (and anyone else who wants to contribute) are merely wanting to make sure that Scout readers were getting updated "positive" information about the Mean Green. Nothing more-nothing less.

This posted on Inside North Texas about GoMeanGreen.com and the "other" board:

Not sure why more U of North Texas Mean Greeners don't read (maybe even post from time to time) here other than the fact that Harry M. has a very successful (and long running) private run board and Scottie F. has another one in play, too.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen