Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

UNT is doing the same thing that EVERY OTHER SCHOOL THAT HAS PLAYED US UP TO THIS POINT has done. They doubt us. They laugh at us. They mock us. Then they play us, and get punched in the mouth a couple times and realize they should have practiced a little bit harder and focused a little bit more. Yall may win, but this team will not go down without swinging. We roll over for no one. Ask OSU.

Threw a +1 your way to offset the -1. Good post.

• Upvote 2

if UTSA is as bad as you say we are, putting up 28 points in the 4th q against even backups at OSU should be next to impossible. "Junk points" or not, I was referring to the fact that this team never hung its head and gave up even being down by 35 at one point. UTSA has basically entered every single game it has ever played as an underdog. We will never Every insult, stat, or even meme that yall have thrown at us, we have heard or seen. Every. single. one. This is nothing new.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for that, ColoradoEagle. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest or anything with this post or the last one. A lot of people want to know where UTSA fans get their sense of pride from, being that this program is so young and has not received a lot of attention nationally. It stems from the hustle this team has shown since day 1. These players have hoisted this university and city on their shoulders and never flinched at any obstacle, no matter how daunting it may have looked.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

if UTSA is as bad as you say we are, putting up 28 points in the 4th q against even backups at OSU should be next to impossible. "Junk points" or not, I was referring to the fact that this team never hung its head and gave up even being down by 35 at one point. UTSA has basically entered every single game it has ever played as an underdog. We will never Every insult, stat, or even meme that yall have thrown at us, we have heard or seen. Every. single. one. This is nothing new.

letseatgrandma.gif

Fair enough. Can't wait for the game so we can put this to rest. FYI the -1 wasn't from me.

Also, I never said UTSA is bad. In fact I said "UTSA is pretty good" just that they aren't as good as Rice, who has a good team but even they were never going to beat us at home. Everything you say about UTSA's character and fight is true of UNT as well, and we are faster, stronger, deeper.

Edited by pastorgrant

Resorting to grammatical attacks? That is weak.

If I didn't know any better, after reading the past few threads, you would think that UNT was on par with Bama. Anyways, glad some UTSA fans are here and please don't get confused by the bitterness by some of the old folks here. A lot of fans, including me, are glad you guys are in our conference.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Resorting to grammatical attacks? That is weak.

If I didn't know any better, after reading the past few threads, you would think that UNT was on par with Bama. Anyway, glad some UTSA fans are here and don't get confused by the bitterness by some of the old folks here. A lot of fans, including me, are glad you guys are in our conference.

I am glad to have yall as conference mates as well, Eastwood Eagle.Thank you for the warm welcome. Just the fact that we have an in state team to play every year (UTEP doesn't count) with fans that are passionate about their team and willing to stand up for them is awesome. The geographical beef (North/South TX) makes it feel even more intense. We have bitter posters on our boards as well, so its even if you ask me. While there may be some bitterness that spills over onto these message boards, come November 23rd, we will be glad to share the beer that fills our kegs with anyone, no matter if they are wearing orange or green. We take pride in not having too many fans that are complete asshats both on and off the message boards.

• Upvote 3

I am glad to have yall as conference mates as well, Eastwood Eagle.Thank you for the warm welcome. Just the fact that we have an in state team to play every year (UTEP doesn't count) with fans that are passionate about their team and willing to stand up for them is awesome. The geographical beef (North/South TX) makes it feel even more intense. We have bitter posters on our boards as well, so its even if you ask me. While there may be some bitterness that spills over onto these message boards, come November 23rd, we will be glad to share the beer that fills our kegs with anyone, no matter if they are wearing orange or green. We take pride in not having too many fans that are complete asshats both on and off the message boards.

yeah.......about that. I don't think we are allowed kegs at tailgates FYI. Anyone? I'm sure you didn't mean that literally but in the small chance that you did....

yeah.......about that. I don't think we are allowed kegs at tailgates FYI. Anyone? I'm sure you didn't mean that literally but in the small chance that you did....

Why not? A shiner bock keg would be awesome at tailgate. Seriously what's the reasoning behind this policy?

Fair enough. Can't wait for the game so we can put this to rest. FYI the -1 wasn't from me.

Also, I never said UTSA is bad. In fact I said "UTSA is pretty good" just that they aren't as good as Rice, who has a good team but even they were never going to beat us at home. Everything you say about UTSA's character and fight is true of UNT as well, and we are faster, stronger, deeper.

We lost to Rice. That is a fact.

However, I would not say that Rice is better. If we play that game 10 times, we win 5 or more. Of the teams you've played this season, I'd say we are most similar to the Rice squad in overall quality.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We lost to Rice. That is a fact.

However, I would not say that Rice is better. If we play that game 10 times, we win 5 or more. Of the teams you've played this season, I'd say we are most similar to the Rice squad in overall quality.

What's your reasoning for this? Seems like Rice just let up too early after being up 20 going into the fourth in SA.

• Upvote 1

What's your reasoning for this? Seems like Rice just let up too early after being up 20 going into the fourth in SA.

The game is misleading. We were up on them, then gifted them a td just before half... Offense was out of sync for the 3rd quarter, then turned it back on in the 4th, but ran out of time.

Statistically I think we are slightly better than Rice on offense (yards per game) and slightly worse on defense (yards per game again)... But our numbers are nearly identical. Don't quote me in this because I didn't check, just going off memory.

If y'all played Rice 10 times this year, I'd bet Rice would win 5. I guess that tells you where I think we stand with y'all.

Edited by warcat

The game is misleading. We were up on them, then gifted them a td just before half... Offense was out of sync for the 3rd quarter, then turned it back on in the 4th, but ran out of time.

Statistically I think we are slightly better than Rice on offense (yards per game) and slightly worse on defense (yards per game again)... But our numbers are nearly identical. Don't quote me in this because I didn't check, just going off memory.

If y'all played Rice 10 times this year, I'd bet Rice would win 5. I guess that tells you where I think we stand with y'all.

The Stand.

• Upvote 2