DRC: UNT, fans shine in front of bowl official

ColoradoEagle

Heart of Dallas has the most expensive ticket price at $75 (also the highest payout after Liberty).

Luckily I can getmy hands on lots of free HOD tickets...though I would buy one to help NT's allotment sold.

Surely they go for less than that in some way. I remember getting $25 tickets the first year it was played.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1

I definitely hope the team makes the Liberty bowl, not only because of location, but because it would mean that we played in and won the championship.

However, if they go to the HOD bowl, I would expect that the team would travel and stay in Dallas just the same as any out of town team. Would not be quite the same as being in a remote city, but they would still get the bowl experience.

If we are able to continue to gain bowl eligibility most years, I am excited about the prospects of likely seeing HOD, New Mexico, and NO bowls, with an occasional Independence bowl thrown in there. They each have a little something different to offer.

• Upvote 1

Surely they go for less than that in some way. I remember getting $25 tickets the first year it was played.

They will after the teams have sent back (or sold) their allotment. I'll probably be able to get my hands on 20-40 tickets a week or so before the game. If I can I'll try to get 100 or so and give them to students.

Also, if we play in the HOD bowl I hope we have several alumni events in Mockingbird station.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

The goal here is definitely the Liberty Bowl. I remember back in the day this was one I my favorite bowls when AXA sponsored it and it was MWC#1 vs CUSA#1. Loved watching those games as it was the 2 best mid majors in the country facing off. Now, my Mean Green get a shot at playing in this thing. Brings a tear to my eye. :)

HoD would be sweet, too. But the Liberty has more tradition and is more prestigious...

Edited by Got5onIt

http://theheartofdallas.org/

The Heart of Dallas Bowl has a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/theheartofdallas?fref=ts. If this is the bowl where we want the team then Like them and convince them to give us an invite.