Is this a trap game?

El Paso Eagle

I believe we are clearly the better team and if we play well we should have no problems coming out with a comfortable win. That being said UTEP has a lot of players for the North Texas area and I am sure with as bad as things are going for them this is going to be seen as their "bowl game" in the eyes of a lots of players. I think they will travel well and we need to jump on them fast to keep them from gaining any momentum.

#HIT7

#KICKTHEMINER'SASSES

• Upvote 1

It has to be an early jump on them. Get on their throat and get to the second half in good shape. I would like to see some other players get work due to out our comfortable lead. I think the extra couple of days to come down from the emotional win helped. I know on Saturday I turned to my buddy I was at the game with and said, I am exhausted. I was physically and emotionally drained from the awesome rush of adrenaline.

I think the players will be hungry to get on the field to conduct another beat down.

GMG

• Upvote 1

This game? No. UTSA game? Yes.

Not sure you can call UTSA a trap game really. They're our best opponent left on our schedule and everyone knows that.

Trap game is more so a game where a team overlooks an opponent because the next team or teams on their schedule are harder games. At least IMO.

I actually agree with Colorado, and here's why...

Although your definition is definitely a trap scenario Billy, I also think looking past UTSA to a weak Tulsa squad to exact revenge from 2011 and to wrap up the Western division title would also count as a trap. And UTSA is better than UTEP, so they have an actual chance to capitalize on a trap scenario.

UTEP is so awful folks. This game is going to be like USM. It's not going to be close. UNT can come out flat and still win handily.

UTEP is definitely not a trap game. Hard to have a trap when you have a bye following the game. I can see UTSA, but I still don't think it will be. The team knows that losing to them would be a big deal, so I think they will be focused on them. I think that every game from here on gets max effort given what is on the line.

Every game is a potential trap game when you're on a winning streak. Our guys just need to go out there, punch UTEP in the mouth right as the game starts and keep on hitting them there so they never get their wits enough to put up a fight. The defense needs to go and make the UTEP ball carriers rethink touching the ball and get into their heads while creating TOs.. The offense needs to execute on the run and pass, control the clock, and punish the defense. Special teams needs to do about the same, and do its best to land some valuable turnovers and return TDs.

• Upvote 1

Not sure you can call UTSA a trap game really. They're our best opponent left on our schedule and everyone knows that.

Trap game is more so a game where a team overlooks an opponent because the next team or teams on their schedule are harder games. At least IMO.

You know we have been down for years when we have to explain what a trap game is.

That being said, no. This is not a trap game. This will be a blow out game.

UTEP should be a cakewalk if the team shows up focused, which they do at Apogee, I am more worried about Tulsa game, yes they appear to suck, but they have smacked the team in the face a few to many times to call that a for sure win

I think every game is a potential trap. Can this team win every game? Hell can they DOMINATE every game left. HELL YES. ...but I'm too gun-shy to claim victory yet. I think every game is serious and a potential loss if not approached the right way. The guys on the UTEP squad have pride and many will be playing in front of THEIR people and will be pumped up for the game. UTSA is a bit of an unknown, but clearly can be dangerous, for much the same reason as UTEP. ...both programs have motive to beat us down as a matter of state pecking order.

...and then there is Tulsa. ...who I know hasn't been good. But that's a road game, against a program that has had our number for some time. This is a different team than the one we offered up last time, but road games, so much on the line if we win the next two, all the intangibles make me nervous.

I think we have the potential to break out here. ...and I think we have the right man at the helm for this situation. ...but YES, I think EVERY game from here until the end is a potential trap game - we are, on paper, better than everyone else we play. ...but we should take the field against each of them as if we were playing Alabama and our existence depended on winning.

Games like this can be a trap, but I do not believe this team with doubt any opponent they have (especially homecoming). We need to run onto that field and kick some mother freaking teeth in on both sides of the ball. As far as I am concerned UTEP is trapped and weak, and we are about to go in for the kill!

HIT #7

GO MEAN GREEN