Mac says they will wear the black uni's for the UTEP game!

Harry

I hope we go back to green soon.

Me too. Green and white are our school colors you know, and have been for for well over a century. We cannot have tradition without MAINTAINING tradition. Black was great for Halloween but since our helmets have never had a tradition, I agree that it is past time for the SOW.
  • Downvote 1

I really don't care what they wear as long as they keep winning, but am I the only one that didn't like the black unis? I would have been good with them if they had just a bit more green, especially on the pants. I couldn't see any green whatsoever on the pants and the black SOW on the helmet was awful. You could not even make it out from the concourse directly behind the bench.

yes you are the only one.

• Upvote 2

Me too. Green and white are our school colors you know, and have been for for well over a century. We cannot have tradition without MAINTAINING tradition. Black was great for Halloween but since our helmets have never had a tradition, I agree that it is past time for the SOW.

Really? We are worried about sticking to tradition rather than pumping up the players, marketing the hell out of this game, and winning? WTH? Screw all of that! Let's beat the hell out of the next 4 teams in whatever uniforms the players and Mac pick and start a new tradition of winning!

• Upvote 5

Really? We are worried about sticking to tradition rather than pumping up the players, marketing the hell out of this game, and winning? WTH? Screw all of that! Let's beat the hell out of the next 4 teams in whatever uniforms the players and Mac pick and start a new tradition of winning!

100 % agree with that statement.

• Upvote 1

FROM what I understand, losing has also been a tradition...

Maybe it's time for quite a few things to change. AND on the UNT website it actually says that black is one of our colors...

• Upvote 2

Kind of reminded me of a bunch of coaches sons out there in the white.

This is great news and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, we don't return to the cursive "North Texas" on the helmet. You know, the don't even teach cursive in school anymore. GMG!

I'll go one step further--the black uniforms made us look like we could just jump out of the stadium...like we were more urban!!

LOL. you guys....

All true, though.

If they can get a white SOW (no outline) on the regular uniform, I'm all for rotating them. This uniform looked so sharp on Fox Sports Live and Sportscenter. I'd also like to see them come up with another new uni if we go to a bowl game.

I would go for the white SOW on the regular uniform, but believe it, the numbers and the lettering on the jerseys need a black outline.

• Upvote 1