Northwestern Wounded Warrior Uniforms

GreenBat

Absoutly hate this uniform. I am ex-military and I support the idea and the mission of the uniform, however, it is in direct violation of the US Flag Code. Have some respect for the flag that people have fought and died for... Do not use it as a prop.

• (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Absoutly hate this uniform. I am ex-military and I support the idea and the mission of the uniform, however, it is in direct violation of the US Flag Code. Have some respect for the flag that people have fought and died for... Do not use it as a prop.

• (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

I liked these unis until I read this post. I didn't realize that was part of flag etiquette. Thanks for the info.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't flag code say it shouldn't be on pillows and stuff? As long as it's done respectfully I think it is okay.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reminder. Some of these uniforms have a Roller Derby Video Game look. Is that good or not...?

• Upvote 1