Pulling for UTSA to beat Tulane in Alamodome Sat.

Harry

I guess I don't blame him since he has never worn a uniform and swore to protect and defend the constitution.

Your comments are interesting to me. You try to come off as mild mannered here on GMG.com yet you post this about North Texas over on your board:

Rice looked lazy and out if sync. cUNT is not that good, the Rice QB made some questionable throws that bounce cUNT's way. I think Rice lost this game more than cUNT won it

Direct link

Outside of being a serviceman, I have zero reason to respect what you post on our message board.

• Upvote 3

I guess I don't blame him since he has never worn a uniform and swore to protect and defend the constitution.

Really ? So you think you know so much about me, eh?

You might just be surprised about the oaths that i have taken and the paths i have traveled, my little unknowledgable college football friend.

But, then again, I'm secure enough that I don't have to bring them into an argument about college football relevancy, much less refer to them in a stupid college football message board nickname (or whatever the hell our names are called on here).

I bet it burns your rear that you can't ban me from this forum, eh?

Edited by UNT90

There are less tickets available right now for UTSA than there are the UTEP homecoming game. They are bringing people to that game.

They are giving them away in chicken boxes.

They will bring what Rice brought. Little else.

And nothing close to what Rice brought on the gridiron.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

They can't give away tickets to Apogee. Someone has to buy them.

I don't know why everyone is doubting UTSA's ability to bring people, their fans are pumped.

Sure, losing for any real period of time will slough most of those casuals off, but they are going to travel to Denton.

Someone can absolutely buy a huge allotment from the visitor tickets and give them away.

Plus, most of them are probably scared to come into Apogee, anyway.

I mean, unless they can bring their Marine/Army/Air Force uniform with them...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

I'll be rooting against UTSA for the foreseeable future. Doesn't matter who they play. I can understand some of you on here being confused and desperate for Tulane to drop one more game, but be patient. The last thing we need is for UTSA coming into Denton on a run the weekend before Thanksgiving when all of our students have left town for the holiday. You're gonna be REALLY surprised if you hadn't thought that far ahead, btw....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I want Tulane to win this game over UTSA. Rice will beat the Green Wave in Houston because they are a better football team than Tulane. But, that said, we need Rice and Tulane to win as many ballgames as they can. It only makes us look better. That's why I am rooting for Georgia, Ohio, Ball State, Tulane, Rice, and MUTS to win as much as possible. The dream scenario for me is that UGa wins out, somehow gets into the SEC Championship game, and beats Alabama. Also, Ball State wins out, including a win over Northern Illinois and then beats Ohio in the Mac Championship, after they win all their games up to that point. Rice needs to win out, too. So does MUTS. Tulane needs to just lose once, to Rice.

That makes us look even better, where our three losses look extremely strong, while our three biggest wins look even better, too. Believe it or not, this scenario is possible...

I'll be rooting against UTSA for the foreseeable future. Doesn't matter who they play. I can understand some of you on here being confused and desperate for Tulane to drop one more game, but be patient. The last thing we need is for UTSA coming into Denton on a run the weekend before Thanksgiving when all of our students have left town for the holiday. You're gonna be REALLY surprised if you hadn't thought that far ahead, btw....

-- It will take at least another year of this kind of sustained winning performance before we can count on students/alumni -- who heretofore have been fickle -- to show up. I don't mind an Apogee half-full of UTSA people because they will be treated to a UNT win. It will be a preview for next year when UNT goes down into the dome and does the same.

While I don't share the level of disdain for UTSA as some, I don't mind the back-and-forth. it's hilarious. What I do mind are the entreaties by some on our side to make friends and really get to know us, because gosh darn we are really good guys once you get by the one or two trolls.

I mean, these are message boards. On the Internet. There is no reasonableness to be had.

Bunch of UTSAers are getting tripped up by Trolling 101 techniques. It's like they've never internet-ed before!

Edited by aztecskin
  • Upvote 1

Your comments are interesting to me. You try to come off as mild mannered here on GMG.com yet you post this about North Texas over on your board:

Direct link

Outside of being a serviceman, I have zero reason to respect what you post on our message board.

You don't have to be PC with this guy. Nor is he the only person who ever served this country. He is classless and unoriginal. Don't feed the troll...
  • Upvote 1

-- It will take at least another year of this kind of sustained winning performance before we can count on students/alumni -- who heretofore have been fickle -- to show up. I don't mind an Apogee half-full of UTSA people because they will be treated to a UNT win. It will be a preview for next year when UNT goes down into the dome and does the same.

While I don't share the level of disdain for UTSA as some, I don't mind the back-and-forth. it's hilarious. What I do mind are the entreaties by some on our side to make friends and really get to know us, because gosh darn we are really good guys once you get by the one or two trolls.

I mean, these are message boards. On the Internet. There is no reasonableness to be had.

Bunch of UTSAers are getting tripped up by Trolling 101 techniques. It's like they've never internet-ed before!

How dare you, SIR!!

How dare you!!!

• Upvote 1

These threads and back and forth bickering seem to indicate that before long UTSA and UNT will be each other's biggest rival.

I haven't counted, but it appears to be less than 10 people that actually care. I'm not even reading the posts.

If an internet war between 10 people means we have a rivalry between two universities of our size, I might give up college football.

• Upvote 2

These threads and back and forth bickering seem to indicate that before long UTSA and UNT will be each other's biggest rival.

Yes they are in the same state as us.

But so is UT Tyler

Same difference.

The fact that we're having to deal with 8 of their fans and some even see this as a potential rivalry tells me how low we've sank the past few years.

Luckily we're coming out of it and we won't have to deal with UT fill in the blank for long. Then they can go to the Lone Star conference where they belong.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

I haven't counted, but it appears to be less than 10 people that actually care. I'm not even reading the posts.

If an internet war between 10 people means we have a rivalry between two universities of our size, I might give up college football.

Obviously it was a bit of sarcasm but then again it would not surprise me if it ended up being a strong rivalry over time.

This thread was interesting enough for me to join in on the fun. UNT90 is one of the funniest guys I've run across on any board... not because of his humor... but because of his delusionalness (Yes, I know that's not a word!).

I gotta hand it to the Mean Green. Your players and coaches have put together one heck of a season! Big wins, and close losses to great teams... very well done to this point. Congratulations on your season so far!

That being said, you can bet your house that the Roadrunners will be focused and determined to beat what I think will be a Tulane nobody has seen yet. Tulane will roll into SA with fire in their veins. They will put the best possible product they have on the field. They will play the best game they've played to date.

UTSA will match them in intensity and exceed them in quality. We will prevail.

We will come to your home two weeks later determined to win. There is no stopping that game from happening. We will show up, and we will play our best game to date. We are coming, and there is no stopping it.

• Downvote 2

This thread was interesting enough for me to join in on the fun. UNT90 is one of the funniest guys I've run across on any board... not because of his humor... but because of his delusionalness (Yes, I know that's not a word!).

I gotta hand it to the Mean Green. Your players and coaches have put together one heck of a season! Big wins, and close losses to great teams... very well done to this point. Congratulations on your season so far!

That being said, you can bet your house that the Roadrunners will be focused and determined to beat what I think will be a Tulane nobody has seen yet. Tulane will roll into SA with fire in their veins. They will put the best possible product they have on the field. They will play the best game they've played to date.

We will come to your home two weeks later determined to win. There is no stopping that game from happening. We will show up, and we will play our best game to date. We are coming, and there is no stopping it.

*sigh*

You fans are going to be as annoying as hell....

• Upvote 3

And we are winning, there is no stopping it.

• Upvote 2

Of course it's happening. It's on the schedule, we've already paid for tickets, I plan to smoke a brisket. Why do you think we want to stop it? Because we are scared?

Look at the Top 10 teams this program plays every year. LSU, Georgia, Kansas St, UT, OU, etc... Do you really think the fans or players are scared about UTSA showing up?

meep. meep.

• Upvote 2