foutsrouts

My son was at the TCU game. He said he was kind of shocked that both teams looked smaller and seemed much slower than UNT.

He said "Dad, North Texas would beat both of these teams."

Since we are both North Texas grads, there was no need to debate over the obvious fact that UNT has a better football team than TCU.

• Upvote 3

They are having one season we have felt for a long time around here. We know their frustration.

Something is not right in Fort Worth. Frogs are dangerously close to imploding and Patterson's message may not be hitting the players like it used to. Petersen in Idaho is in a definite rebuild so their setback is strange but understandable. I think Patterson needs a new team to pound his message into.

GMG

We're up, they're down. They definitely won't schedule us for a while. Just like that stretch before most of us were born.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't our schedule booked until something like 2025? I was reading between Army, SMU, and a few others that I can't remember at this ungodly hour on a Sunday morning have pretty much filled our dance card.

I also must add that the invention of the baby monitor is inherently an evil invention at 6 am on a Sunday morning when your daughter yells from upstairs because she wants to be carried downstairs when she is perfectly capable of walking and turning on cartoons. The sound pierces your ears and the mostly asleep cursing wife doesn't help matters. At least my fantasy team is set and GMG has some good stuff to read as I sit realizing it's actually earlier than I thought because of the time change.

Edited by UNTexas

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't our schedule booked until something like 2025? I was reading between Army, SMU, and a few others that I can't remember at this ungodly hour on a Sunday morning have pretty much filled our dance card.

I also must add that the invention of the baby monitor is inherently an evil invention at 6 am on a Sunday morning when your daughter yells from upstairs because she wants to be carried downstairs when she is perfectly capable of walking and turning on cartoons. The sound pierces your ears and the mostly asleep cursing wife doesn't help matters. At least my fantasy team is set and GMG has some good stuff to read as I sit realizing it's actually earlier than I thought because of the time change.

According to this http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf-usa/north-texas-mean-green.php , we've got three games scheduled through 2017 while TCU looks pretty open down the road. Do we really have SMU scheduled for TWELVE years in a row starting next year? I knew we had a long series set up, but it thought it was closer to half of that. If true, we're really going to get sick of looking at them. Or maybe not after we spank them good.

According to this http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf-usa/north-texas-mean-green.php , we've got three games scheduled through 2017 while TCU looks pretty open down the road. Do we really have SMU scheduled for TWELVE years in a row starting next year? I knew we had a long series set up, but it thought it was closer to half of that. If true, we're really going to get sick of looking at them. Or maybe not after we spank them good.

It will be good for ticket sales for both schools. It will be like a home game.

TCU is finding out what a lot of other mid-major level teams have learned before..........it is possible to win the one BIG GAME played in a season and, therefore, look like a very strong team/program.

But it is very hard to win CONSISTENTLY when every game you play is against a strong rival and each week = THE BIG GAME.

Winning MWC games on a consistent basis (and winning the occasional out-of-conference BIG GAME) thus was a whole lot easier for TCU than winning consistently against the Oklahomas (U and State), Texas, TT, and and and and........Baylor (uh oh - I hope I did not just destroy my premise given Baylor's remarkable season so far).

Perhaps that is why Arkansas Head Coach Frank Broyles gave SMU (NTSU) Head Coach Hayden Fry a what may have been a back-handed compliment saying that "Hayden is the best one-game coach in America".

GMG

Edited by tylermeangreen
  • Downvote 1

It's nice to see TCU down especially when NT is seeing some very solid success this season but I really do think highly of Gary Patterson. They're struggling right now but I can see them come back soon and they're still in the Big 12. I'm not worried about TCU and SMU...if we take care of business then all will be good and things will take care of itself.

• Upvote 1

My son was at the TCU game. He said he was kind of shocked that both teams looked smaller and seemed much slower than UNT.

He said "Dad, North Texas would beat both of these teams."

Since we are both North Texas grads, there was no need to debate over the obvious fact that UNT has a better football team than TCU.

And our guys will just continue to get bigger and faster under Coach Frank.

From the video highlights I saw yesterday of the TCU game it was very very empty. Keep in mind they need to keep up the winning for fans to be engaged and the fact that they're a relatively small school only adds to that hurdle.

And their announced crowd was 40K +...

• Upvote 1