FAU is Beating Tulane!

Harry

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, if we tie, they have head to head.

If it's a three way tie with them and Rice, they will win by having a better a win against the east (ECU will finish higher than MTSU).

We need them to lose again.

Is our Tulsa game time still TBD? That start time could be important, since I'd love to have us as the only team knowing what we're playing for that weekend. Rice vs.Tulane starts at 2:00, and I hope our Tulsa game starts afterwards.

• Upvote 1

I've said this before, but that Tulane game haunts me. If we had taken care of business like we should have, then we'd be 7-2 and 5-0 in conference. Even if we lost one of the final 3 games we would win the west and if we won out the conference championship game would be at apogee. F'ing Tulane!

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ECU is not exactly stomping one win FIU. 21-13 ECU in 3rd quarter. A win or even a close lost by FIU could move ECU down in the ratings, that could come into play if they win the East when it comes to home team in the conference championship game.

Yeah, I'd love for us to host that game. I'm guessing tiebreakers are similar to division champion tiebreakers?

Nice to be scoreboard watching. I'm not worried about Tulane.

Did we just become bowl eligible for the first time in a decade or did we just win defeat the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

If the team takes any opponent lightly, they will lose.

We aren't out athlete-ing people, we are out working them. Continue to do that and we will be fine.

• Upvote 3

I've said this before, but that Tulane game haunts me. If we had taken care of business like we should have, then we'd be 7-2 and 5-0 in conference. Even if we lost one of the final 3 games we would win the conference and if we won out the conference championship game would be at apogee. F'ing Tulane!

Sour grapes now bro -- look we should be VERY happy that FAU balled up and won this game. My nitemare would be Tulane being undefeated in C-USA as they head to the AAC... now THAT would suck dbs!! Tulane has been using smoke and mirrors all season!! I would put money that Rice will beat Tulane and I think that means we get in. Not sure about the tiebreakers etc.. but I would much rather see Rice get the top spot than Tulane!!

CUSA site says BCS ranking is CG tie breaker. Not 100% sure what is divisional tie breaker, but this PDF is on the CUSA media site:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/tiebraker.pdf

That's for a two team tie. If those rules are actually in effect, it would be the second group of rules and particularly #6 that does us in if UNT, Rice, and Tulane are tied.

That's for a two team tie. If those rules are actually in effect, it would be the second group of rules and particularly #6 that does us in if UNT, Rice, and Tulane are tied.

Can't be a three way tie now, Rice and Tulane play.

IF WE WIN OUT:

And Rice wins out, we tie them and win head to head.

And Tulane wins out, we tie them and they beat us head to head.

No matter what, we need Tulane to lose again.

They have:

@UTSA (25% chance of losing)

UTEP (10%)

@Rice (60%)

Most likely, we need to win out, and we need Rice to beat Tulane.

First things first, bury the Miners.