Worried About Student Turnout

Cerebus

Wow. You were on campus last year? Congrats.

Friday is green pride day, and it was great last friday. ULL night last year I saw much more NT gear.

I've been all over campus today and seen hundreds of students and only see a handful of NT clothing items.

You've been all over campus and only seen hundreds of students? That is more disturbing than seeing only a handful in NT clothing. We have over 35K students, where the hell are they? Ditching class to tailgate?

You've been all over campus and only seen hundreds of students? That is more disturbing than seeing only a handful in NT clothing. We have over 35K students, where the hell are they? Ditching class to tailgate?

They are usually in classrooms, or the library, or some other buildings... They don't tend to herd into great clearings.

They learned from the Buffalo how dangerous that is.

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing they all headed to University and Hillcrest.

Not worried about student turnout. They'll be fine.

REALLY worried about alumni and families with kids turning out. Apogee really transforms when the wing-zone has some amount of fans down there and I just think it's going to be a barren wasteland down there tonight.

Just hope the players aren't crushed when they come out to find a half-full stadium. As others have said, the attendance issue doesn't fix itself overnight. It's going to take a few years of consistent winning to get the crowds to really fill in.

I am pumped for this game. I agree with Zach Orr. This is the biggest game at UNT since 2004. I'll be there, sans wife and kids (and I'll be paying for skipping Halloween later), but managed to find enough people to fill their would-be empty seats.

• Upvote 1

REALLY worried about alumni and families with kids turning out. Apogee really transforms when the wing-zone has some amount of fans down there and I just think it's going to be a barren wasteland down there tonight.

I am also really worried about alumni turnout and was hoping for students to cover the shortfall.

I will have to amend something though, I just talked to a couple of people in the ticket office and they are "very busy", so hopefully day of sales are going to be stronger than I expected.

• Upvote 1

Well, golly gee, I just walked in to Kerr for lunch and it's 2/3 Green/Black (with UNT logos.)

Semi hijack- is it true that they renovated Kerr cafeteria and that it does not suck anymore?

I'm not worried about this evidence because 1) students are probably not going straight from campus to game, especially those with AM classes, so they will probably go home and change. 2) costumes - I believe there will be a ton of costumes tonight.

I just had my creative writing professor remind everyone to go to the game like 4 times so I think we'll be alright if a creative writing professor is harassing English students to attend.

Also, Kerr has been renovated but still sucks. They still burn the hell out of taco meat, overcook noodles, bathe pizza in grease and fill the place up with smoke because they don't clean the grill when making burgers.

Edited by meangreener

I just had my creative writing professor remind everyone to go to the game like 4 times so I think we'll be alright if a creative writing professor is harassing English students to attend.

Also, Kerr has been renovated but still sucks. They still burn the hell out of taco meat, overcook noodles, bathe pizza in grease and fill the place up with smoke because they don't clean the grill when making burgers.

Much like we wanted to know who the idiot Baylor fan in the accounting department was.... who is your English Prof? Glad to hear that at least some professors are promoting.