rice

drex

It's so sadly ironic that Rice is such a big game for us, given the fact that more people post and visit this site than attend an average Rice game. In general, the student body at Rice could care less.

• Upvote 3

It's so sadly ironic that Rice is such a big game for us, given the fact that more people post and visit this site than attend an average Rice game. In general, the student body at Rice could care less.

And yet for years/decades they have always managed to get into a better conference/situation than we have. How has that happened?

• Upvote 1

We are VERY lucky to be associated with them academically.

Exactly. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Regardless of their athletic performance (which actually is sometimes very good), they will always be appealing for major conferences. If they REALLY wanted to coax an invite out of a major football conference, they would probably succeed. Most campus presidents would kill to align their school in any way possible with a university like Rice.

We are VERY lucky to be associated with them academically.

Good news indeed...it's the first time I have been made aware of that association.

In other news:

I had a math teacher in high school who was from Germany. When

"The Star Spangled Banner" was played he would say in a loud and stearn voice, "Rice,"

even if everyone was already standing.

Maybe our coaching staff and players will not overlook next week's opponent. I hope.