HS coach has bullying complaint filed against him after 91-0 win

Wrong! What is wrong with America is that nobody uses lard in their pie crust anymore! The very title of this forum is "There Should Be Pie For Everyone," yet here we are, in 2013, scared out of our increasingly bulging pants of a little saturated fat that would make our pie crusts so flaky, so delicious. Noooooo, we have to use canola oil (blech!) and bitch about high school football teams being too good!

(I would guess people can totally tell tax season is over for the rest of the year. My mind wanders now)

Yah. That's what I said.

;)

That is a really difficult point to debate. Well said.

Wrong! What is wrong with America is that nobody uses lard in their pie crust anymore! The very title of this forum is "There Should Be Pie For Everyone," yet here we are, in 2013, scared out of our increasingly bulging pants of a little saturated fat that would make our pie crusts so flaky, so delicious. Noooooo, we have to use canola oil (blech!) and bitch about high school football teams being too good!

(I would guess people can totally tell tax season is over for the rest of the year. My mind wanders now)

Oh hell no. When I can convince army of mom to make pie crust, she follows my grandmother's recipe and uses lard.

The crust is perfect.

They had lineman playing receiver, 4th stringers in, people who didn't know where the field was in, etc. They did everything they could short of just downing the ball every down from 3rd quarter on to keep the score down, so a little unfair to call him a douche.

I remember when my old HS team got up on an opponent real bad, we would 1). play the reserves the rest of the game, and 2.) let some players play a position they never played before........ but always wanted to play. For instance, we let one of our lineman play QB.

BTW hasn't Aledo been accused in the past of recruiting players? Might this be one of the reasons they are so dominate this year?

Oh hell no. When I can convince army of mom to make pie crust, she follows my grandmother's recipe and uses lard.

The crust is perfect.

When I make pie, I use whatever's in the pantry. Planning ahead is for pussies. :P

This whole thread should be emailed to my son's gym teacher. He had a perfect first report card, except in gym where he had an "S" (they use the E=exceptional, S=satisfactory, U=unsatisfactory in his elementary school). I asked why and his (regular) teacher said that's what they give all of the kids. I asked her if it had something to do with nobody winning or doing better than anybody else and she just gave a half-laugh. I asked her if they gave out trophies like candy since everyone's a winner and she laughed a lot at that one and said, "Um, I don't know..." And I added, "Oh, it's only funny because it's true, isn't it..."

Getting a participation trophy for youth sports made me feel really uncomfortable as a kid because I knew I didn't actually earn anything. Whoever these parents are, they should expect their kid to either disown them or engage in heavy drinking or drugs during college (edit: unless Rick is right and it's just a last-ditch effort to get an investigation).

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1

The crust is perfect.

I use 100 percent butter in my crust, maybe a 1/2 pound of butter per crust, its buttery flaky goodness.

This has been building up steam for a month now since Aledo ran the score up on Arlington Heights 84-7.

What is completely being missed in all of this is the fact that Aledo has been skirting the rules like so many other programs for years..(Southlake Carroll, Brownwood etc), and it's been ignored and everyone in Tarrant and Parker counties know this is true about Aledo.

It's just my opinion, and I don't agree with it and could be completely off base, but I think the bullying accusation was a last desperate attempt by a fed up parent to shoot up a big enough flare for the UIL to finally step in and investigate Aledo's football program.

It doesn't matter one bit what Buchanon does to keep the score down because he's annually fielding an All Star football team, chocked full of kids coming here from all over the place, including from out of state. Jonathon Gray from Crowley, two brothers one being a QB from Mississippi, and now their stud WR who transferred in from L.D. Bell and countless others.

What needs to happen to Aledo is what happened to Brock Bergland's school, Valor Christian.

They were recruiting players and told and warned not to do so and continued to skirt the rules until the CHSAA board finally stepped in and banned them from competition.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_19471426#ixzz1kG5vjAZq

Finally, a decision was made....

"Valor Christian kicked out of football league, forced to go independent."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/preps/2012/01/19/valor-christian-kicked-out-of-football-league-forced-to-go-independent/4540/#disqus_thread

I don't have the answer to the solution of course. But there certainly is a problem when one school is continued to be allowed to skirt the rules and everyone knows it's going on. Folks didn't think Southlake was getting away with anything either. Complaints and tip-offs were ignored by UIL officials until finally WFAA channel 8 out of Dallas investigated and find out that Southlake was a week away from actually starting a QB who was banned from any state competition out of Oklahoma, plus his parents were still living there. When approached at the mail box getting his mail in front of his mansion and asked why he still lived there when his son was playing in Texas the guy hit the reporter with a sack of sugar from the grocery store.

Rick

I agree with you on Southlake Carroll. We have known several families that played for the dragons that couldn't afford a2 bedroom apartment let alone a house zoned for that district. Their wealthy boosters skirt most of that stuff and make it legal.

I was there for the bloodbath last year between Aledo and Guyer. Schools move in other kids all the time. Take Celina for example... and I know that from experience.

It should be mentioned that the coach from Western Hills admitted that this was a fair game and that Aledo Had 4th stringers in the entire second halfof a running clock second half.

I feel really sorry for the boy that has to go to school with all of this drama.

• Upvote 1

While I was in law school, there was a stink about a kid named Kejuan Jones, a running back at Tulsa Hale who turned up his senior year at perennial power Jenks. HIs mom had tried to get a job at Union High, the other big high school football power in Oklahoma at the time, but they wouldn't. She went to Jenks, Union's archrival, and they gave her a job.

Same thing with Atlanta Falcon's Dominique Franks. Started high school at Owasso, "transferred" to Union.

Unfortunately, it happens everywhere.

Or, fortunately...depending on which side of the fence you sit upon. Football coaches - high school and college - use players, whose bodies are as breakable as any other mortal. Unless the high schools and colleges are going to pay the medical bills for life for these kids who play for them and rsik injury, I say let them transfer around.

• Upvote 1

It's just my opinion, and I don't agree with it and could be completely off base

I think you should have more self-trust.

Solid post, but do you blame the parents of a kid who has athletic talent for using that talent to get them into a VERY good school? Aledo is one of the best district's in the state, If it were my kid and I wasn't in a position to afford private school, I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

While most of this may be about athletics, a portion of this is also about the parent that chooses to get a better education for their child

The recruitment of players into high school where I come from is left to the private Catholic schools who openly engage in the process and compete in the same athletic governing body as their public school bretheren .

See?

Back when I was in school, the big powers were both in SoCal, cross town rivals Bishop Amat and Mater Dei.

So I get here to Texas, and I'm wondering why the Catholic schools aren't the powerhouse programs, when I learn that they don't compete in UIL.

Then I become aware of Plano (steroids galore) and Southlake (recruiting galore), and I more or less lose all faith in high school football. I've never been to a high school game in my life, really don't aspire to ever go to one.

The recruitment of players into high school where I come from is left to the private Catholic schools who openly engage in the process and compete in the same athletic governing body as their public school bretheren .

See?

Back when I was in school, the big powers were both in SoCal, cross town rivals Bishop Amat and Mater Dei.

So I get here to Texas, and I'm wondering why the Catholic schools aren't the powerhouse programs, when I learn that they don't compete in UIL.

Then I become aware of Plano (steroids galore) and Southlake (recruiting galore), and I more or less lose all faith in high school football. I've never been to a high school game in my life, really don't aspire to ever go to one.

You are missing out.

you should come out and watch Aubrey vs. Celina this week.

In all seriousness, I've been to hundreds of Tx Hs football games. the most fun I had was watching Tyler John Tyler vs. Guyer last year. TJT's band was quite a show also. THE ENTIRE GAME. GOOD times.

Solid post, but do you blame the parents of a kid who has athletic talent for using that talent to get them into a VERY good school? Aledo is one of the best district's in the state, If it were my kid and I wasn't in a position to afford private school, I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

While most of this may be about athletics, a portion of this is also about the parent that chooses to get a better education for their child

I wouldnt blame them if it were for academics solely but it isn't.

Rick

You are missing out.

In all seriousness, I've been to hundreds of Tx Hs football games. the most fun I had was watching Tyler John Tyler vs. Guyer last year. TJT's band was quite a show also. THE ENTIRE GAME. GOOD times.

Pilot Point, Celina, & Aubrey all learned from the master about move ins, coaches kids etc.

• Upvote 1

Winning state championships does not guarantee National Merit Scholars. Aledo is a football powerhouse, but far from an academic powerhouse.

Your (and my) very public, very inner city Fort Worth alma mater is still among the best academic high schools in Texas, but I know many a parent who have uprooted from the near South Side to move to Aledo.

There is an elephant in the room, and it isnt academics.

And on the recruiting front, word is lately All Saints has been pulling from the Bearcats...trickle down or up, depending on how you look at it.

PHS 42 - AHHS 7

Don't 4th stringers know how to fall down at the 1 yard line, or is that a skill that propels you into the starting rotation?

I would think having opposing players fall down to keep from scoring would be a ton more humiliating than getting beat 91-0.

• Upvote 3

You are missing out.

I live within walking distance of Lewisville's stadium, and I'll have to go eventually because my kid's in the middle school band. I nearly averted my first football game last month when her performance got rained out. So, I'll go when the kid's participation merits it, but if I'm otherwise free on a Friday evening, I'll pursue other things and keep my football experience limited to Saturday.

I live within walking distance of Lewisville's stadium, and I'll have to go eventually because my kid's in the middle school band. I nearly averted my first football game last month when her performance got rained out. So, I'll go when the kid's participation merits it, but if I'm otherwise free on a Friday evening, I'll pursue other things and keep my football experience limited to Saturday.

You just missed probably the best game of the year to attend, last weeks Battle for the Axe at Goldsmith. Lewisville vs Marcus, aka "The Battle for the Axe", would give you a good experience in regards to Texas HS Football.