Lost @Houston Forty four to twenty one

Lost @ MTSU Thirty eight to twenty one

Lost @ULM 42-16

Lost @Western Kentucky 25-24

Lost @Ohio 27-21

Lost @Georgia 45-21

Lost @Tulane 24-21

Overall Road Record under Mac 2-14

I will give him this -- the road game losses have been against some good, mostly bowl teams. And the point spread in these losses seem to be narrowing in 2013.

This is a horrible record and Mac, yesterday, sort of blamed it on the students. He said he saw good things in practice that didn't translate onto the field. That, in my book, would be an assesment problem (i.e., coaching problem). Truthfully, the whole thing is in shambles as we have a very energetic coach that can't win and an old team that will mostly be leaving. This means we will stay in mediocrity for quite some time.

• Upvote 1

I was the one who asked the question yesterday at the coaches show. I was pretty displeased with his answer (although I wasn't expecting much)

What it comes down to is this: if you want to be a bowl team, you have to beat bowl teams.

We may be lucky this year because CUSA is in a down year and we may get 6 wins without winning against a bowl team.

• Upvote 2

I see 3 maybe 4 ranked opponents?

75% of his road games against non-ranked teams

I see 4 ranked opponents, 3 of whom were ranked in the top 3 (yet to be seen where Georgia ends up), and a national champion.

And concerning the other teams listed (not including this year) I see this:

FIU: 9-3 bowl team

Alabama: National Champion

Tulsa: 8-5 bowl team

ULL: 9-4 bowl team

Ark State: 10-3 bowl team

Troy: 3-9 crap team

LSU: 10-3 bowl team

K-State: 11-2 BCS bowl team

FAU: 3-9 crap team

Houston: 5-7

MTSU: 8-4

ULM: 8-5 bowl team

WKU: 7-6 bowl team

• Upvote 2

I was the one who asked the question yesterday at the coaches show. I was pretty displeased with his answer (although I wasn't expecting much)

What it comes down to is this: if you want to be a bowl team, you have to beat bowl teams.

We may be lucky this year because CUSA is in a down year and we may get 6 wins without winning against a bowl team.

If this happens, mark my words, Mac gets a 5 year extension.

Put it in 3 inch headlines.

Being average is considered successful here.

He gets paid $600k a year to win football games, and not just those against bad teams. It's embarrassing that the excuse for not winning road games is that the teams we were playing against were good. 2-14 isn't average, not mediocre, it's deplorable. La Tech and USM have become must win games, so the coaching staff needs to get off the wambulance about the quality of teams we are playing (Tulane???) or how many people show up and just win football games.

• Upvote 3

He gets paid $600k a year to win football games, and not just those against bad teams. It's embarrassing that the excuse for not winning road games is that the teams we were playing against were good. 2-14 isn't average, not mediocre, it's deplorable. La Tech and USM have become must win games, so the coaching staff needs to get off the wambulance about the quality of teams we are playing (Tulane???) or how many people show up and just win football games.

WKU was a bowl team BECAUSE Mac gifted them the game. So that counts? Lol.

Stop whining and start winning, coach.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Tulane should have been a W. Find out what the H is wrong and fix it.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2

I try and avoid even looking at our all-time record against ranked teams, because that thing puts the word "deplorable" to shame.

Wow. We play some really good teams in OOC away games. Remind me, what does our OOC home schedule look like again?

The entire home schedules under Coach Mac have been Houston, Indiana, ULM, FAU, WKU, and MUTS in 2011. Texas Southern, Troy, ULL, Ark State, and South Alabama, in 2012. In 2013, so far, its been Idaho and Ball State, with MUTS, Rice, UTEP, and UTSA to follow.

• Upvote 1

The entire home schedules under Coach Mac have been Houston, Indiana, ULM, FAU, WKU, and MUTS in 2011. Texas Southern, Troy, ULL, Ark State, and South Alabama, in 2012. In 2013, so far, its been Idaho and Ball State, with MUTS, Rice, UTEP, and UTSA to follow.

Something tells me that 90 didn't really want to be reminded... :lol:

• Upvote 3

Something tells me that 90 didn't really want to be reminded... :lol:

Well, we may be looking at 5 home games every time we play at SMU, with the AD marketing that game as an "alternate site home game."

Seriously.

That would require even less effort in scheduling and allowi us to play 2 money games a year (see 2015). The administration would love the extra cash and they wouldn't have to listen to all the griping about attendance.

Win -win at UNT.

Edited by UNT90

Well, we may be looking at 5 home games every time we play at SMU, with the AD marketing that game as an "alternate site home game."

Seriously.

That would require even less effort in scheduling and allowi us to play 2 money games a year (see 2015). The administration would love the extra cash and they wouldn't have to listen to all the griping about attendance.

Win -win at UNT.

It is actually possible that this line of thinking in the AD and with the BOR is exactly what they are all acting on. Its not great, but its not terrible, either. It just depends on how badly you need the cash by playing road games. In the past, its been pretty obvious that these road games have served as the major arm of cash flow to cover UNT Athletics. A lot of us thought that Apogee would change this, but it is very possible that it hasn't changed a bit. In no way am I advocating this stance to be acceptable or correct, I just think its very possible that it is the way we will continue to view football scheduling for years to come. History certainly backs this sentiment up.

Edited by untjim1995

Seriously.

Win -win at UNT.

If that comes to fruition, I would expect that we'd get tickets and parking passes as part of our season tickets?

Edited by oldguystudent

I see 4 ranked opponents, 3 of whom were ranked in the top 3 (yet to be seen where Georgia ends up), and a national champion.

And concerning the other teams listed (not including this year) I see this:

FIU: 9-3 bowl team

Alabama: National Champion

Tulsa: 8-5 bowl team

ULL: 9-4 bowl team

Ark State: 10-3 bowl team

Troy: 3-9 crap team

LSU: 10-3 bowl team

K-State: 11-2 BCS bowl team

FAU: 3-9 crap team

Houston: 5-7

MTSU: 8-4

ULM: 8-5 bowl team

WKU: 7-6 bowl team

This. We've run into a bunch of bowl bound schools.

On the other hand...that kind of shows you where you are. At some point, we have to begin to win a few of these.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

And, boy...look at how far the bloom has fallen off the rose at FIU. After that bowl season, 3-9 last year and 1-4 so far this year...4-13.

I guess we can complain about our lot. But, when you look at how far backward FIU and, say, Southerm Miss have gone over the past two seasons...I'll take our problems over theirs.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

And, boy...look at how far the bloom has fallen off the rose at FIU. After that bowl season, 3-9 last year and 1-4 so far this year...4-13.

I guess we can complain about our lot. But, when you look at how far backward FIU and, say, Southerm Miss have gone over the past two seasons...I'll take our problems over theirs.

Careful now... We are not supposed to say anything bad about any team except for our own. Edited by SSP

We were where they are back in 2007...I would hope we never go back to losing at Rice 77-20 or at home to Tulsa 54-2.