2 of 3 losses by combined 9 points and remaining schedule

Harry

7 games is a pretty broad palette to work with...

Muts at home
la tech and Southern M is on the road
Home stretch of Rice UTEP, UTSA

Close on road at Tulsa.

Tulane looks like current favorite to win the West but they have a tough 4 game stretch that includes ECU, Tulsa, UTSA and FAU.

Hmm, where have I seen a season with "tough close losses" and bad playcalling/time management at crucial times in close games?

Oh yeah! Todd Dodge's "so close to winning" seasons.

So close to winning = losing. Look it up.

If you take away two plays we win that game. I think our special teams graded out really well. We didn' have a high school game plan or a college game plan at Tulane...we had a shitty first half plan.

Tulane may finish in the top half of the West, but I really don't see them winning the division. I penciled in Rice as the favorites to win the West, and I've seen nothing so far to change that opinion. I will give Tulane some credit and say that they seem to be steadily improving throughout this season. Still, I don't think Rice would have lost to South Alabama or been blown out by Syracuse.

7 games is a pretty broad palette to work with...

Muts at home

la tech and Southern M is on the road

Home stretch of Rice UTEP, UTSA

Close on road at Tulsa.

Tulane looks like current favorite to win the West but they have a tough 4 game stretch that includes ECU, Tulsa, UTSA and FAU.

Harry, quit fooling yourself. Tulane will lose at least 3 of those games. They are not a good football team. We should have beaten them by 2 scores if we had shown up to play.

We lost to a bad to very average CUSA football team.

Don't sugarcoat it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Marshall would probably throttle, or at least beat fairly convincingly, every team in C-USA West.

Disagree.

MTSU played ECU to a 7 point game. ECU is better than Marshall.

Tulsa is getting better. Rice would give Marshall all they could handle.

UNT would also give Marshall a tough game. UNT played Ohio just as tough as Marshall.

UTSA is not a good football team, no matter how bad some on here want them to be (for whatever weird reason). That would be a terrible loss for this program.

• Upvote 1