UNT just posted its worst 2-game rushing total this century

Harry

Good observation by Vito. I knew that it was bad but I hadn't realized it was that bad. I did know that Byrd had 0 net yards rushing against Tulane and that DT had more than half of the rushing total.

I've talked to Coach Perry and I can't believe that he's allowing this to happen. How long do you stick with something that's not working? Danged if I wouldn't try Lewis, Rollins and even Erick Evans unless they're fumble prone. Lewis had nearly 2,000 rushing yards his senior season. Rollins played against Idaho but slipped on a cut and hasn't seen the field since. Evans averaged 10+ yards per carry his senior season. What's to lose by trying them? Maybe one of them has the speed to get to the hole and/or get outside.

I have seen several holes opened up by our OL. We just have backs who are slow to hit them & like to stutter step, dance around too much. Fault lies just as much on the backs , play calling as it does our OL.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

One issue might be playing the number 9 team in the nation with NFL draft picks all across the D-line front.

Tulane has the best defensive line we have ever faced?!? I thought that honor would have gone to UGA.

Tulane has the best defensive line we have ever faced?!? I thought that honor would have gone to UGA.

Was talking about Georgia. The thread says "two game", thought it was obvious who I was talking about...sorry.

I personally don't consider Georgia when looking at our lack of run production, but the bottom line is that if you can't run and rely mostly on the pass you are going to have interceptions and "pick 6's".

True Dat! Puts the QB and the entire offense and offensive game plan in a very tough position when the opponent knows you have to pass and that when you run...well, not so much. Need to find a way to open more running lanes and to get the running game going.

Was not aware that Tulane had so many LSU transfers playing last night. Must have something if LSU recruited and signed those guys.