Thoughts from a pissed off fan

emmitt01

That was back to what I was saying, I thought several of the penalties called against the defense were complete BS. Remember 5 of the 11 penalties were not on the defense.

2nd and 8 at UNT 18 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

2nd and 5 at UNT 25 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

2nd and 5 at UNT 44 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

1st and Goal at TULN 3 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

Cairo Santos kickoff for 57 yards returned by Brelan Chancellor for 29 yards to the NoTex 22, tackled by Cairo Santos, NORTH TEXAS penalty 10 yard holding on Will Wright accepted.

5 yard penalties arnt 15 yard penalties that turn into a first down.. You cant have 3 seniors getting flagged for 15 yard penalties

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is not going to be easy to get to six wins. Even if we do manage to get to six, it will still be disappointing to think of what could have been. Devastating mistakes are what is between us and being 4-1. Take away two Pick 6's from Thompson and we are 4-1. We may be a competitive team, but if we can't stop chronically handing away games it's going to be a long year.

Not to excuse the false start penalties, but is it possible that the emptiness of the Superdome, and the echos that such a large empty place would have be the cause?

I'll say it again, that's no excuse, at least after the first one.

• Upvote 1

Here's my take after a day of anger and moving past denial to acceptance. Pi$$ed off was Houston roadie last season. You remember the game where we brought a great contingent of fans and we were blown out in the first quarter?? This game was different -- we fought back hard and tied the damn thing up. So yeah I'm still pissed off about losing to Tulane but I like the fact that we came back to make it a game in the second half. That should count for something.

Now in terms of the results category, I don't blame our good fans for being somewhat reluctant to break out the checkbook for roadies when we are sitting at 2-14 under Mac. I have a huge problem with that as should everyone involved with this thing be it RV or Mac himself. When you tell us to bring a friend or two to games and help fill up the stadium understand its losses like this that make it difficult to close the deal. EVERY time we start to think we have turned a corner and get some national respect we take a step back.

NOW -- as I stated to the people I was hanging with in NO -- beat MUTS next week and Tulane is not as big a deal. It won't be forgotten but if you beat a solid MUTS team you put it under the covers until the next road game comes up. We have every chance in the world to right this ship, and like one fan said -- heck we could win out with this schedule! FIX IT!

GMG!

It is what it is, dont put yourself in the position to get a call... Theres no reason to touch the QB when he already laying on the ground.

This.... pffftt.

Were you there? He was trying to avoid him. Look at the replay. He literally rolled. BS call. DT gets jacked... Maybe he shoulda been more careful. Geez.

Edited by SSP

The QB was laying on the groud and he hit/ rolled/touched his knee... You don't touch the QB when he's on the ground, plain and simple

The team beat themselves, there is no excuse for 11 penalties.

Did you watch the game?

• Upvote 1

The QB was laying on the groud and he hit/ rolled/touched his knee... You don't touch the QB when he's on the ground, plain and simple

You hit the QB as hard as you can when he's RUNNING FORWARD & NOT SLIDING. If the same scenario unfolded & their RB had the ball on that play, it wouldn't have been called... well, maybe?

Sorry, lil Montana has a rule made just for him and other QB's. Slide, and you don't get hit. Don't slide, and you're free to get knocked the *$^# out... except when your last name is Montana?... I dunno.

Let's not forget the other ones where the RB was barely touched on his way out of bounds, and that punter who was able to dupe the refs into that roughing the kicker penalty. He tried every time he was on the field... it worked once.

I agree. That was a penalty.

Laramie Lee also launched at the QB when he went out of bounds. So what if he barely touched the QB. If you launch like that at a QB headed out of bounds, it is a flag EVERY time. Saw both plays live and on replay. Penalty both times. I was telling "No" on Zach's hit before the flag ever came out of the refs pocket.

Just 2 really stupid football plays, from a really stupidly played and coached football games, with 2 weeks to prepare.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1